Old style L1 heads, how hard are they to come by?

WDR65

Enlightened
I was just about to order a new L1 and then this thought hit me. I'm fairly certain you can interchange the heads, right? So how hard are the older style ones to come by and would it be easier to buy an old style model and then buy a new head? I know I should probably buy both, but if I buy an L1 and possibly an L2 here shortly that'll be it for me for a while. Also wondering if anybody had done this and how much it might cost to get another L1 head? Thanks in advance guys.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
AFAIK, SF has never sold L1 heads seperately. The L1's electronics are in the body and the heads are "dumb." I think the L1 is on its 4th revision, which contains a HD Lux 3 LED and uses their propriatary optic and domed window. I found an L1 head on BST, and in ignorance, bought it. It was "rev A" and had a low dome LS and NX-05 optic. I really liked the styling so I Put a TW0J and cut-down McR20 in it.

Larry

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a KL1 first Generation for sale in BST if you are interested. It comes with both the optics, and a reflector.

WDR65

Enlightened
Yes, I have a KL1 and really like it. Thanks for your offer Bravo25.

I had seen someone on here who had done this and had both heads for their L1's and interchanged them depending on what they needed at the time between flood and throw.

Latest posts