Vital Gear FB1 dual stage???

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone ever modded the FB1 into a dual stage switch? is it even possible?

Thanks.

Curtis

Krit

Enlightened
Dual stage for Xenon bulb seem to be problem. I have only A2 which have 2 stages switch and Xenon bulb.

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not hard to remove the switching mechanism from the latest style FB tailcaps. I would imagine with a dremel tool and some patience it could be modified to take the low-high-off switch found in the Nuwai TM-301x-3 light. The only problem then is finding one of these switches...

Jon

E

Emilion

StoneDog said:
It's not hard to remove the switching mechanism from the latest style FB tailcaps. I would imagine with a dremel tool and some patience it could be modified to take the low-high-off switch found in the Nuwai TM-301x-3 light. The only problem then is finding one of these switches...

Jon

I've tried but can't find one in that size..

boomboots

Newly Enlightened
Now im bumping this. Anyone who has succeeded to turn a VG switch in dual stage yet?

IonFire

Enlightened
I am suprised no one replied back yet about this one.
Bettin', it may have just got bumped down the list an forgotten about.

Anyhow, i am going to throw an order at Big John @ LH in a minute or two, and was reading up on the VG FB1, it says it resembles the z57 structure? Is this correct?

So i guess the best question would be to owners of the newer (Springed) version, is it, when you remove it from the body, and tail cap even the same internally as the z?

If so, i imagine it could be modded to dual pretty easy aswell.

Damn, i am tossed between the it(VG FB1) and the Aleph (HA NA) 1x123 tubes,i kinda could use my E2L's z57 on the Aleph, and knock it down to a single, hmm,then i lose a 2x123 platform other then my non SF lights.

I wander a bit at times, sorry,
i still want to hear from some of yas about it though please, the switch that is, or whatever you want to add about the tubes.

TIA

IF

IonFire

Enlightened
Hmm, i maybe off course on the dual stage thingy.
I am guessing an looking, but it does not look like the FB's are not LOTC capable?

If so, that kinda dampens that idea a bit.:ohgeez:

I know i will find out when i get it, but will a z57 fit on the fb body, doesn't really look like it will?

IF

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Silveron had some of those on/off/on/ switches that you can use for hi/low. he had a few different sizes. Maybe see if one of thsoe would work?

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't 'think' any of the Surefire tailcaps are compatable with the Vital Gear bodies... they are threaded opposite.

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vital Gear tailcaps are not compatible with SF tailcaps. And they don't have lock out (or "LOTC") capability - but the don't really need it. The clickie requires a positive push and the button itself is protected by four scalloped points.

If you want a nice reliable Al body for a SF-compatible head, these are a great value. The annodizing won't match, but then the annodizing doesn't make the light any brighter so it's purely a cosmetic/vanity issue. :)

Jon