New SF's 4 CSI this season

BIGD

Newly Enlightened
They seem to favor the M4, must have good camera appeal. Stargate SG1 and Atlantis also seem to like the M4.

Teh

Newly Enlightened
Maybe because they support domestic hardware? plus the AR15 is easy to customize and extremly common in police agencys, hence good camara apeal since its widely known and accepted as the "good guys" gun.

beavo451

Newly Enlightened
Teh said:
Maybe because they support domestic hardware? plus the AR15 is easy to customize and extremly common in police agencys, hence good camara apeal since its widely known and accepted as the "good guys" gun.

I think they are talking about the Surefire M4 Devastator, not the Colt M4A1 Carbine. :)

BIGD

Newly Enlightened
xyxgun.gif
Oh yeah, I didn't make the connection. I sure was talking about the Surefire M4 Flashlight not the rifle.
wink2.gif

HunterSon

Enlightened
I saw CSI NY last night and the lead character was using a Surefire A2, in red led mode and incandescent mode. When I mentioned it to my wife she called me a geek.

Teh

Newly Enlightened
:crackup:hahaha, sorry, I was mistaken, I am guessing I am the only gun nut who enjoy identifying guns in films, plus criticizing their gun safety or lack of realism.

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
Teh said:
:crackup:hahaha, sorry, I was mistaken, I am guessing I am the only gun nut who enjoy identifying guns in films, plus criticizing their gun safety or lack of realism.

I'm with you. Have you ever seen the move "Sniper" with tom berrenger?

When he says "wind coming off the water, 2 clicks left"

and the other guy uses the TOP turret on his scope!!!!

bleh.

Last edited:

BIGD

Newly Enlightened
Teh said:
crackup.gif
hahaha, sorry, I was mistaken, I am guessing I am the only gun nut who enjoy identifying guns in films, plus criticizing their gun safety or lack of realism.

mad.gif
Not your fault. I am a gunlover who lives in California so I have had my natural love of anything made by Colt or any variation thereof sucked away by those anti
xyxgun.gif
in Sacramento. ME, bitter, naw. Just protected from the evils of assult weapons.
smoker5.gif

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new Sci-fi series Surface and invasion also use SF M4. The lights don't seem to be bright. Do you guys think the special effects guys drained the batteries to dim the lights?

My Gladius seem alot brighter than M4

beavo451

Newly Enlightened
The M4 is very bright. I have seen many times when the batteries are drained on the shows. Also, there is alot of ambient light in the shots in order for the cameras to properly capture the scenes, so the M4 will seem dimmer than it really is. They could also be purposely lowering the output of the light so that it does not wash out the rest of the scene on camera because of the severe light contrast.

Last edited:

Teh

Newly Enlightened
StainlessSteel said:
I'm with you. Have you ever seen the move "Sniper" with tom berrenger?

When he says "wind coming off the water, 2 clicks left"

and the other guy uses the TOP turret on his scope!!!!

bleh.
Ya that movie blows, but I do love that PSG1, its the only movie I recall seeing a PSG1 used that much.

Yes, the only reason I watch STARGATE here and there is for their gear, do you remember one of the episodes with the Russians, they had AK105!!!

Last edited: