ya gotta see this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sniper

Enlightened
vic303 said:
This one sold at auction for a wee bit more than that! Hahaha!
Wish I'd had one to sell at that profit!

EBay gets really nutso sometimes! I was watching a well-described set of instructions for making a Gillie Suit. Two YOUNG HEROES got into a macho contest, or something, and the "winner" got the instructions for only $18.75 + $2.25 shipping.

I got the identical instructions for $1.75 + the shipping. So, what did I get? Three mediocre copied pages, which I read, and decided it was WAY too much work. I put the pages in plastic sleeves, so maybe when I sell them, I can find two such "dedicated" gentlemen to bid on 'em. One can only hope! :wow:

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sniper, Cheaper than dirt (cheaperthandirt.com ?) has a Gillie suit kit for less then $100. ($50 as I recall) And they have complete Gillie suits as well. Other cool stuff too.

So this isn't a thread hijack, I am guessing these people don't know these are being made again and for far less then what they paid. BTW, as I recall I paid $25 for mine which now holds a Lux III pulling 800mA from a rechargable nimh battery, customized by LEDasap. It rocks.

Keith

vic303

Enlightened
I agree that the bidders don't know Arc is back in production on the AAA's. I just thought it was funny that it went for double the price of a new 'premium'!

mykall

Enlightened
It's not just items thought to be out of production, I regularly
see items available at retail going for 10% more at auction.

Those auctions are often a deal, but not for the buyer ;) .

MB

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
i hate people who add stuff like "not surefire" so when your looking for Surefire their crap will show up!
---------------
Brand New ARC AAA White LED Flashlight, not surefire
duh no crap!

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm. Yes, not everyone knows we are back. But that will change over time.

I showed this to some people and they said, "why don't we put some product on ebay and let the market set the price?"

I think the more people pay for the Arc-AAA, the less likely they are going to actually use it. And having it be used is part of the design goal.

Also, it would probably generate unprofitable controversy.

At any rate, this is all momentary. I am expecting lead times to drop even as the order rate increases. We are shipping out some orders today in fact.

Peter

Last edited:

vic303

Enlightened
Peter, didn't the old Arc used to sell factory 2nds, marked as such? What about offering that sort of item on eBay at whatever pricing startpoint you would choose? That way, you do not affect your paid regular customers, or delivery time on 1st quality products, and it gives you an outlet for quick sale of 2nds.
Just a thought...

othersteve

Newly Enlightened
Maybe I'll be criticized for saying this, but considering the apparent demand for the product, I'd think about maybe even bumping the Arc prices 5 bucks a pop.

Steve

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gransee said:
Hmm. Yes, not everyone knows we are back. But that will change over time.

I showed this to some people and they said, "why don't we put some product on ebay and let the market set the price?"

I think the more people pay for the Arc-AAA, the less likely they are going to actually use it. And having it be used is part of the design goal.

Also, it would probably generate unprofitable controversy.

At any rate, this is all momentary. I am expecting lead times to drop even as the order rate increases. We are shipping out some orders today in fact.

Peter

You could sell lights on ebay as buy-it-now just so people who only shop
ebay find out about your lights being available again.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.