Nite-op / Blackhawk Warranty Service (long)

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a bit of a problem with my Gladius recently.
After several hours of use I was receiving the low battery warning ( 2 flashes every several seconds) So I replaced the batteries with another set of high quality batteries.

Well, even on fresh batteries I was getting the low battery warning. So I tried another set. Same thing. After trying about 3-4 sets of various brands including Duracell, Panasonic, Surefire, and low cost Command I was pretty frustrated.

I sent an E mail to Ken at Strategos about it and he instructed me to get an RMA number and return it to Blackhawk. I did not buy it from Strategos, I purchased it at wholesale through a third party distribution network. Blackhawk had me return the light directly to the factory .

Fast foreward about 2 1/2 weeks. I called blackhawk and asked for the customer service person who handle's Gladius issues. I spoke with a very nice woman who told me that it's been ready to ship for a few days but UPS had told them that due to RITA there were delivery problems in my area. This could be true but those problems are over with. She said it would ship that day overnight service at no charge.

later that day I received an e mail with an invoice from Blackhawk for a $0.00 balance on a Gladius. The following morning I receive a phone call from the same woman giving me a tracking number. 10 minutes later UPS knocks at the door and delivers a NEW not repaired Gladius to me Overnight morning delivery.

Once things were sorted out The service I received was more than World class. BTW I hit the lux lottery. This Gladius has a whiter tint. Perfect center hot spot and whide carona. My previous Gladius had a greenish tint when used in the dimming mode. This one tends to be a bit gray in color for lack of a better term. It is also the HA III version.

There is no way I can complain at all about the service or how I was treated.

MODS:: I posted here rather than the Cheers & Jeers for more coverage.

TorchMan

Enlightened
As a fellow Gladius owner, I like reading these "happy ending" stories.

There is a UPS delay here, I'm STILL experiencing it! They've been slowly working my package from California (TL-3 and two Pelican M6 Lithium Lamp Assemblies) to my door. Since the 20th, and they sat in Mesquite forerver. Now they are just sitting in the Houston hub. Thought for sure it'd be delivered today, but just an arrival scan, no "out for delivery". Since they don't work Saturday, that means Monday. I've been less than thrilled with UPS for a while, and I know that a hurricane hit just east of us - a narrow miss. But they are taking far longer than 3 or 4 extra business days, which is about the longest I think Houston was affected. I'm only doing business with companies that offer alternative shipping methods, at least for a while.

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
The title is a little ambiguous. Before reading the thread I thought you were saying that their warranty service took a long time.

mckevin

Enlightened
First, congrads on the great service!

Second,

"MODS:: I posted here rather than the Cheers & Jeers for more coverage."

With all due respect, and trying not to sound like a jerk...
This points out that you know this is in the wrong place, but this cheer is somehow more important & deserving of more attention than it would get if posted in the proper forum.:shakehead
No skin off my umm, nose (and not to make a big thing of it), but IMHO this sort of thing is exactly what C&J is for...

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Billson said:
The title is a little ambiguous. Before reading the thread I thought you were saying that their warranty service took a long time.

Long post

Last night was the first night I had to really use the new Gladius. This light is better than my previous one. Way whiter and a bit brighter. Even the strobe function is at a slightly different level and is way more annoying :)

Can't wait for the other offerings to arrive.