Imalent        

Thread: XX1T vs X4T vs X3T what's the difference...

Flashaholic*

Default XX1T vs X4T vs X3T what's the difference...

Hello,

I've seen bin code charts do decipher the XX1T bin code, but I need some help in deciphering the X4T or X3T bin code. How does a XX1T compare with a X4T or X3T?

Looking for output and color comparisons. I'm assuming that Vf would be the same for all 3? Does the "4" or the "3" denote color of the 3 part bin codes? So the so the X3T would have a color range from X1, W0, WA; and the X4T would have a color range of X1, X0, and WA?

Thanks,
    Richard

Default Re: XX1T vs X4T vs X3T what's the difference...

Richard,

The Shoppe has this page with the bin codes explained pretty well, as well as the old codes.

http://home.comcast.net/~theledguy/bin_codes/index.htm

The T bin would mean it takes the same voltage (theoretically) to drive the LEDs. The X means they should have the same flux (output). You can see the chart for the old bin system for color and compare that with the new bin system.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Bogus1
    Richard,

The Shoppe has this page with the bin codes explained pretty well, as well as the old codes.

http://home.comcast.net/~theledguy/bin_codes/index.htm

The T bin would mean it takes the same voltage (theoretically) to drive the LEDs. The X means they should have the same flux (output). You can see the chart for the old bin system for color and compare that with the new bin system.
    Yeah that was the chart I was looking at, but just wanted to confirm that I was reading the chart correctly. I guess I was. The new coding system seems to decern the LED color more than the old bin coding system.

Thanks,
    Richard

hey, if you find any XX1T please let me know!

*Flashaholic*

I'm blessed with X4T and X3T lights.

early bin codes covered wider ranges than current bins.

as always luxeon lottery still applies. color has improved and so has our pickyness for tint.

tint is in eye of beholder. I'll see X3T as yellowish, someone else may see it as greenish.

My MRX-X3T is overdriven to 1.5amps and looks ANGRY yellow. MRX has brightest luxeon I've ever seen with lumens out front-end slightly brighter than surefire M6 lola.

I see X4T as closer to white with slight hint of blue. again someone else my see it differently.

Flashaholic*

I have a X3T & X4T, both driven with 2x123/BadBoy 750.

I can't tell any difference in the output between them, but they are brighter than my L4s.

They both have a slightly warm tint. The X4T is in a McGizmo built PR-T BK McLux on a modified 2x123 Surefire L1 BK and the low beam has a green tint.

The X3T is a PR BK McLux built by JollyRoger. This is on a E2D/Z61.

If you're not familiar with the PR (Pelican Reflector) McLux lights, these would be comprable to the Aleph 1 lights of today driven at 750 ma.

I also have "V" & "W" bin Luxeons in similar lights and while I'm sure they aren't as bright as "X" bin lights, the "V" & "W" bin lights are quite serviceable.

I have no interest in "U" bin lights.

*Flashaholic*

here's a pic of my first Xbin built by Don, pictured with Livesay Woo, spyderco and Arc AAA 2003 cpf