UH-OH! LAPolice gear sent me OC spray thats "Law Enforcement Only" Yikes!

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: UH-OH! LAPolice gear sent me OC spray thats "Law Enforcement Only" Yikes!

Probably depends on what the law is in your area. :shrug:

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast

My guess is it's marketing crap...

It is true though that you should check your local laws...I think though that they would address the carrying of any sort of mace/pepper spray and not break it down to particular concentrations of it.

JM-99

Frangible

Enlightened

Some states do set limits on the potency of OC spray.

I'm a fan of the Foxlabs 5.3 stuff myself.

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Frangible said:
I'm a fan of the Foxlabs 5.3 stuff myself.

I suspect that's close to lethal for a lot of people. I have some 1,000,000 oil that I use in cooking and have to be very careful with it.
The fumes from rinsing a spoon with no visible residue under hot water makes you very aware. Then there's the problem of touching "certain areas of your body" even after you've washed your hands.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mine is the 10% OC. Maybe I should call the local PD and ask them. Last I heard, it was just you couldn't have more than .75 oz on you.

Frangible

Enlightened

Mike Painter said:
I suspect that's close to lethal for a lot of people. I have some 1,000,000 oil that I use in cooking and have to be very careful with it.
The fumes from rinsing a spoon with no visible residue under hot water makes you very aware. Then there's the problem of touching "certain areas of your body" even after you've washed your hands.

I can't find any deaths resulting from from even anaphylactic shock to it. That's all the "linked" deaths I could find. My conclusion is don't overdose on meth and attack police officers. ;)

DarkLight

Enlightened

Well you must follow the directions and use it on cops only!

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast

DarkLight said:
Well you must follow the directions and use it on cops only!

You are funny. I wouldnt do this myself, I dont want to know what its like to **** off a police officer any more than to assault him and or get thrown in jail and go before a judge and the other things I may of left out.

Wutda

Newly Enlightened

Maybe several departments switched or upgraded to different brands of OC and the current stock they had on hand went back to the retailer or liquidator.

I have purchased some 9mm +P+ ammo in the past that were marked for LE only with no questions asked. In fact, some online places say it's available to the general public.

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Frangible said:
I can't find any deaths resulting from from even anaphylactic shock to it. That's all the "linked" deaths I could find. My conclusion is don't overdose on meth and attack police officers. ;)

Anaphylactic shock would be a big surprise, I've never heard of anybody allergic to the stuff.
The gunshot would to the head is probably a good clue that the spray was not the cause.
However pulmanary edema, heart failure and/or positional asphyxia could clearly have resulted because of the spray.
Edema would be expected if they managed to inhale it and the stress on the body from not being able to breath well could well have triggered the heart failure with or without the asphyxia.

I'd also put a big question mark after the death listed for Maurice Morrison, *especially* since it happened with the Fresno PD. (My dead friend Hank represented them for a while.)

Another question mark would go by the word "overdose", especially after noting that "overdose after restraint" is listed.

I'm a firm believer in pepper spray, especially after seeing people ignore mace and a lot more people are going to survive a spray in the face better than a shot in the face.

Latest posts