G&P 3W drop in for SF 6P?

vic303

Enlightened
I saw there is an LED drop in replacement assembly for the SF 6P lights. Supposed to get about 4hrs total light, and 70+lumens, which is better than the original incand in my old 6P...anybody try these yet? How well do they compare to the incandescent bulbs for output & throw & color & spill? I've been wanting to get a 2 cell LED light, and this looks like an inexpensive upgrade compared to my other options...
Thanks,
Vic

Lemon328i

Newly Enlightened
I put one in my Original 6P and I like it a lot. It has a very different quality than the incan. I have no way to measure light output beyond some crude tests, but I'd say it is not quite as bright as the original filament bulb. That said, however, it is still a heck of a bright light. I can light up objects around 100feet away and can blind a person as easily as the original. If you are sick of replacing 6P bulbs and eating through 123As, then this is a great upgrade.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
G&P%203w.png

I think converter efficiency goes to crap with 2x li-ion, but it doesnt really make a difference, its basically free light.