Dorcy Spyder on clearance at Lowe's.

WDR65

Enlightened
Walked into the local Lowe's (Cary, NC) today looking for something in particular and of course I had to look at their flashlight display. Saw the Dorcy Spyder for $14.98 or something close to it. I didn't buy one as I don't have a use for it, but seemed like a good deal as its even cheaper than the Brinkmann's at Target. I assume it has similar output, but I've never really paid a whole lot of attention to the comments on it. I'm not sure if this is just in NC, but might be all over.

eyeQ

Newly Enlightened
FYI, I have a Spyder, and think it's a thoroughly decent light. If it's US$15, that's CDN$19, right? In that case, for sure that's a fine deal. The thing has great throw, and it's damn small. Worse part of the Spyder is the reverse clickie. I wish I knew what Lowe's was! (nope, none up here.)

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lowes is a large home improvement store. Like Home Depot. A very big hardware store with the home in mind.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am guessing it maybe a good body for the bugout 3 watt led lamp. I think target has the maxfire for 17.99, not a bad light either.

SubZero

Newly Enlightened
eyeQ said:
FYI, I have a Spyder, and think it's a thoroughly decent light. If it's US$15, that's CDN$19, right? In that case, for sure that's a fine deal. The thing has great throw, and it's damn small. Worse part of the Spyder is the reverse clickie. I wish I knew what Lowe's was! (nope, none up here.)
London Drugs was blowing these out for $20Cdn a couple months ago.
They might have a couple lurking on the shelves somewhere.

SubZ