Loss of a good friend

MrTwoTone

Newly Enlightened
I came home from work Wednesday afternoon and found my mare Maggie dead in her stall.She probably had a massive heart attack or stroke.I know that in this world the life of an old horse doesn't count for much,but Beckie and I really loved that old mare.

javafool

Enlightened
MrTwoTone,

I am sorry for your loss. Animals can really become a part of your heart, your family, and I am sure you will be reminded over and over of the good times you shared. My best to you and Beckie :(

Terry

raggie33

*the raggedier*
sorry for ya lost freind .ithink the lost of a pet is the worst cause they love us so much.there love is for real .well freind ya gave that horse a great life so thats what ya should think of

BobVA

Enlightened
raggie33 said:
sorry for ya lost freind .ithink the lost of a pet is the worst cause they love us so much.there love is for real .well freind ya gave that horse a great life so thats what ya should think of

Seconded.

I'm sure she went to her reward a very contented animal and that counts for a lot. Thanks for looking after her for all those years.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I couldn't have said it any better than Raggie did. Animals give us unconditional love and that's one of their qualities that make them truly a member of the family. I am so sorry for your loss.

TorchMan

Enlightened
Raggie, BobVA and JavaFool have already said what I also believe. She was lucky to have you (and Beckie) as well!

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sorry that you lost your horse. As everyone else has said, amimals are truly part of the family. I know what it's like to lose a friend like that. Cherish the memories you have of her and she'll live on in your heart.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Sorry to hear of your loss! My sister-in-law has had horses all her life. Through what she has related to my wife and I, I think I understand how close a person can get to a horse (but can't totally relate without actually experiencing it ).

She's lost some as well and typically goes and gets another one pretty quick. Do you think you'll get another?

MrTwoTone

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts.We own 5 other horses now.Each one is a great horse also,but there will never be another Maggie.I really celebrate her unique life.She was a successful reiner in her early years,had 5 great foals-all outstanding horses.She was the only horse that a friend's cancer stricken father could ride near the end of his life.He always loved to ride and she could sense he was ill and took good care of him.The last 7 years of her life were semi-retirement,a little light trail riding and a lot of time off to just be a horse.That little buckskin mare made a lot of friends in 23 years,and will be saddly missed by us and others who knew her.