Denver-Colorado Springs USL Get Together

MikeF

Enlightened
I am waiting to take delivery a USL from Bill Waites, and several comments on the posts here have inspired me to try some long range testing. As in multiple miles testing. Like from the front steps of the Colorado State Capitol to Pike's Peak.

Anyone interested in either helping out with the tesing, or helping to organize a Colorado get-together?

The thread that got me thinking about this is here:
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=93938
and there are several USL threads going, with a summary here:
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94000&highlight=usl

I have updated my user profile to allow e-mails as well.

Last edited:

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I might be in for a get-together depending on the specifics, but I'm thinking we would have to have at least 3-5 people to make it worth the time.

-Mike

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, I wish I was closer to Denver.

Anyone ever do a snow melt test? I wonder just how big a crater the USL could create?

MikeF

Enlightened
XRunner,
Obviously this would have to be some time in the future, since I don't have my USL yet. The more the merrier as far as I am concerned, and I am very flexible as to timing. The weekends are easier for me, and a clear night would be better than a cloudy night. I am glad to see you might be interested if we can work out the details.
Mike

Last edited:

kwando

Newly Enlightened
i might be interested in showing up just to check out some of the lights you guys have. i'm a n00b to this, so i don't have anything impressive, but i would like to see the USL in action. what ventured me over to flashlights is my new interest in guns and shooting. now it's turned into flashlights.

MikeF

Enlightened
kwando, The more the merrier. We will need at least 3 or 4 people to make this worthwile. I am in Jury duty for the rest of this week, so I will not be able to do much about this for a week or two, but thanks for letting me know you are interested. :) Obviously, it also depends upon when I receive the USL. I have an X990, a Costco HID, a 10W-HID Mag Conversion, and several other fun lights we can try.

Latest posts