Say a prayer for my brother in law please

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
My brother in law (my wife's sister's husband) is in the hospital tonight. He started throwing up blood today and had a lot of blood in his stool. So far no word about him since around 6:30pm.
They have 3 children and are wonderful parents. My wife has went to stay with their children tonight.
So if you can spare a few minutes to put in a word of prayer for him I would be most grateful.
Thank you,
Jeff

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Prayer sent to the man.
51.gif
I hope he will be ok.

TorchMan

Enlightened
My thoughts and prayers are with your brother-in-law and entire family. Best wishes.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Thanks guys.

Sorry I dont have an update tonight. I just got back from the emergency room myself with my 3 year old. My brother in law is in another hospital. Anyway my 3 year old pulled a table lamp down by the cord onto his head and got a good gash in the back of his head. Thought he was going to need stitches but they shaved the spot and put some super glue on it. Little fella was a real trooper and did not cry once even when they were cleaning it. The nurse gave him a stuffed dog for being so brave. I got to the emergency room around 9 pm and it is now about 1:30am. Time for some :sleepy: .

Again thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers for my brother in law and I will update when I can.
Jeff

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
prayer is sent to your brother. I hope that he will recover quickly to rejoin his family.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Topper said:
alot more pray than post,you are never alone. Heck you knew that already.
Topper
Topper,
Yes sir I know that for a fact. :)

The only update I have at the moment is that they are doing some test on him and have more test scheduled for this evening. So far no word as to a cause to his problem. I am just praying it is not as serious as it sounds. I was hoping it may be as simple as a bleeding ulcer. Maybe we will know something more this evening or tonight.
Thanks to everyone for your support.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Jeff, I hope the tests turn up something relatively innocuous like you described. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for him.
:candle:

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Okay finally have an update.
The problem is called esophegus erosion.
I am not very clear on what this is exactly, have not googled it yet, but he has had 3 throat sugeries in the last 10+ years because of an auto accident. This apparently is the cause of this "esophegus erosion". I am not sure if he needs surgery or not but the Doc did say that drugs could help.
Thank you all for the prayers and thank the good Lord it was not as bad as it could have been.

Edit: Forgot to add that the Doc said that his esophegus had closed up to the size of a childs.

Last edited: