Going offline for awhile..

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
There is a thunderstorm outside, and the thunder sounds like it's coming close now, so I'm going to unplug everything for a bit.
Not sure when I'll return, but it should be later this evening.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure you will have enough flashlights if the power goes off. :poke:

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought I would poke fun. He does have an exceptional collection and his review skills are second to none.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I'm back online now.
The thunderstorm was either short lived or fast moving.
The lights briefly flickered here twice, but not enough to make anything go offline or restart.

Thank you Nitroz for your compliments on my reviews. :)

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your welcome! When you said that you were going offline, I thought you meant the Museum.
18a.gif

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
We learned fast when we moved to the country to unplug anything you didnt want to replace after the storm. We lost 3 telephones, 2 modems and a few light bulbs, not to mention a microwave.

It was common for my folks to loose power for 4 hours a week for no reason. Here lately my power goes out and back on in the city more than theres do. I have a few of those energizer led power failure lights on nightlight mode, so i have light when it goes out.

I like your reviews too. I think someone needs to loan you a marble crusher or press to really test some of the lights.

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitroz said:
Your welcome! When you said that you were going offline, I thought you meant the Museum.
18a.gif

you run your server from home?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
nemul said:
you run your server from home?
No, I don't have the servers here. I meant "unplug my personal computer", not the website itself, which is hosted on several servers (its content is approximately 0.085 terabytes), and has exceeded 16.7 terabytes of bandwidth in a single day - that was back in late-2000 when the entire content was approximately 20 megabytes.

If the same thing happened today that happened in October 2000, the bandwidth would probably exceed 70 terabytes a day. :sick2:

Last edited:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I'm sorry to hear you didnt have a blackout!! :awman:

You could of lit every light you own so the neighbors would be like:

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Standing out in front of your place like zombies!!! :rock:

Take care,
PSM

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I can officially declare that I am paranoid about storms now, having been in a house that suffered a direct hit a few years ago.

6AM, pitch dark, and I wake up - decide, "Oh, just thunder..." and turn over to go to sleep again. Five or so minutes later - jsut as I'm dozing off again, and there's the phenomenally loud reverberating *CRACK* accompanied by all the lights flashing (even though they were turned off), and a seperate loud bang from the hallway, and innumerable snaps of disintegrating IC's and such through the house. Casualty list: Er...pretty much everything electrical apart from the TV (unplugged), boiler (pre-transistor era), a few lightbulbs, and the water heater. We reckon the damage came to somewhere around £5000. And natrually, the insurance company managed to get out of paying up by claiming it was "an act of god"...oh how many times I've heard that.

We live out in the country, and blackouts are relatively common. We don't think anything of the power seemingly without reason disappearing for an hour or so totally randomly, though it's been annoyingly reliably of late. Worst we've had I think was winter 1996 (or possibly 7) when the snow took the lines down, and we were without power for approximately 14 days. Unfortunately, this was well before I was seriously into the flashlight thing!

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Craig,

I am glad that you are well. And as others said I am sure that had the power gone out, Flashlight wise you would have been well covered.

All My Best,
John

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
The_LED_Museum said:
No, I don't have the servers here. I meant "unplug my personal computer", not the website itself, which is hosted on several servers (its content is approximately 0.085 terabytes), and has exceeded 16.7 terabytes of bandwidth in a single day - that was back in late-2000 when the entire content was approximately 20 megabytes.

If the same thing happened today that happened in October 2000, the bandwidth would probably exceed 70 terabytes a day. :sick2:
/.