Belt Clip for the Fenix ???

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Placing a clip at the cap would be a good ides. That position would be good so long as the clip would rest on one of the flats. I checked the two I have and they line up at one of the edges. :( I suppose if you wanted it to line up, you could put a .000X" washer behind the collar that holds the switch in and fiddle till you get it where you want. You could just adjust the inner collar but that may make the switch loose. ??

The holes in the cap by my measurments come in at .0625" It's ready to run a 2-56 tap through there.

Perfectionist

Enlightened
Wouldn't know about tapping any holes as I haven't received mine yet !! (4Sevens GB hasn't reached the UK yet :()

But, seeing as even my little SL KeyMate has a nice Clip on it ..... surely the Fenix could have one too ??

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that it was 4Sevens that said that the silver pocket clip from the mini mag accessory kit fits the Fenix just fine. It may have been someone else that posted that. I may pick a kit up in the next couple days and try it out.

Wouldn't a clip that was mounted on the lanyard holes in the tail cap scrape the battery tube when the tail cap was removed and replaced for battery changes? I guess that that would only occur if the clip was to tight.

I'd very much like to have a good clip for the Fenix.

cmendoza

Enlightened
I put a CMG Ultra clip on the tailcap. It fits very snug. I bent it out a little so it doesn't scrape when the tailcap is unscrewed.

notrefined

Enlightened
I hadn't looked that closely, but nothing says the clip has to be centered between the two holes....but I'd prefer it be on the long side anyway, anything that hit the hexagonal flats would be kinda short for my tastes. And the longer clip would solve both the centering problem (could still be centered between the lanyard holes) and the scraping problem.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was finally able to force a clip from an old Streamlight 2AA incan light onto my Fenix. Whew! I like it better with the clip. It can still fit into the pouch if I want to carry it that way.

The drawback to using this clip for bezel down carry is that the part of the clip that goes around the Fenix body is positioned over the seam between the tail cap and battery tube. This eliminates the twisty option and makes battery changes more challenging, but I prefer pocket clip carry most of the time.

I suspect that someone will come up with a better solution.