Is Fenix L1P the best single AA light?

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate starting another Fenix thread but I love this little light.

I'd like to ask you guys out there who may have a much larger collection of lights than I do...is the Fenix currently the brightest single AA light (regardless of cost)? Because if there is better light out there, I would definitely need to acquire it.

I've seen lots of mention of the Q3 and other lights that use the CR123 cells but lets forget about those for a moment. Only single AA lights need apply....

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
You ask in the title if Fenix's the best, and for the cost the answer's yes.

The Fenix can be had for a song, and at that price, you can't go wrong.

If twice the price is what you'll pay, there's TNC and Kino Bay.

These latter two might be quite bright, but so is Fenix and the price is right!

Sorry, I was feeling lyrical. And I may have been drinking.

lexina

Enlightened
All my other single-AA lights have 5mm-leds; the brightest of which is the 12-led Blue Ghost II. There's no way any of them can compare to the 1W luxeon of the fenix. Perhaps a fairer comparison would be to restrict to single-AA as well as a luxeon-led.

Firebladz

Newly Enlightened
QUOTE=Solstice]You ask in the title if Fenix's the best, and for the cost the answer's yes.

The Fenix can be had for a song, and at that price, you can't go wrong.

If twice the price is what you'll pay, there's TNC and Kino Bay.

These latter two might be quite bright, but so is Fenix and the price is right!
[

Sorry, I was feeling lyrical. And I may have been drinking.[/QUOTE]

ROFLMFAO!!! :crackup:

Krit

Enlightened
For it's shape L1P is very cool AA size for me. For brightness it's very bright for 1AA battery flashlight.

billgr

Newly Enlightened
best and brightest are 2 different qualities...i own the fenix and absolutely love it.

however, even after aquiring it, i still think the infinity ultra g is fantastic.

2 lights....2 different uses.

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
billgr said:
best and brightest are 2 different qualities...i own the fenix and absolutely love it.

however, even after aquiring it, i still think the infinity ultra g is fantastic.

2 lights....2 different uses.

What is the infinity ultra g?? I have the Gerber Infinity Ultra and it is a piece of cr@p!

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The inova X1 has different uses,
but gets no respect, just abuses.
My favorite light comes in green no less
What more could you ask for, something brighter?(I guess) :whistle:

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
By "brighter" i assume you mean "has more throw"? If you're looking for a torch better-suited for close-range work that should give it a serious run in *output*, i suggest Peak's Kilimanjaro-7 ($45 HA, brass and silver on the way).

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
greenlight said:
The inova X1 has different uses,
but gets no respect, just abuses.
My favorite light comes in green no less
What more could you ask for, something brighter?(I guess) :whistle:

don't get me wrong, I still love my inova x1. one great use is finding your seat in the theater or at a show when too much diffuse light would be bad. I am just very impressed with how much output/throw the fenix provides.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's next, Debbie Boone singing "You light up my life", or a Dr. Suess rewrite entitled "Green LEDs and Ham"?

assassin337

Newly Enlightened
I just got my fenix l1p from jsburlys. was shipped withen 3 days of buying (if you dont count sat and sun) and I love it. But dont take my word cause its my first "real" flashlight.

dtsoll

Enlightened
If you don't have a TnC Keylux AA, do yourself a favor and get one somehow!! Don't know if Chris has any left over there but they are beautiful flashlights to say the least!!!! I have both the L1P v2.5 and the TnC AA's. I really like them both but the TnC just feels and looks more solid (it is also three times the money). Don't get me wrong, the L1P is a fantastic light and may be a little brighter than my TnC. I love AA flashlights!!!!!! Doug:)

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
dtsoll said:
If you don't have a TnC Keylux AA, do yourself a favor and get one somehow!! Don't know if Chris has any left over there but they are beautiful flashlights to say the least!!!! I have both the L1P v2.5 and the TnC AA's. I really like them both but the TnC just feels and looks more solid (it is also three times the money). Don't get me wrong, the L1P is a fantastic light and may be a little brighter than my TnC. I love AA flashlights!!!!!! Doug:)

I will surely check this one out. I am also beginning to love AA lights...

Brock

Flashaholic
I have lot's of smaller lights I try to stick to AAA and AA sized lights. The Fenix is by far the brightest in the AA size. I just wish they made it in AAA size. Forget runtime. You could run this light for 20 to 30 min on a NiMH AAA. Maybe next year...

redduck

Newly Enlightened
I'd love to have an AAA version of Fenix L1P, with normal clickie of course. I use my Dorcy 1xAAA quiet often but wished it had a better beam and tint. The only thing prevented me from getting an ARC 1xAAA is the twisty switch.