are you a organ doner?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well my ci helped me get a new id last week woohoo finaly i have id but i wsnt thinking when the lady behind the counter.asked if i wanna be a organ doner well. i said yes. which a course i wanna help other should i die.but i stareted to think maybe now if i go to er they wont save me .cause well they may think hey this guy is a organ doner.and they have some rich clients .so are ya a doner and if so why not?

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not yet! (edit to add I was speaking in the literal sense!)

Someday, perhaps.

It one of the greatest gifts. We do a TON of transplants here at the University of Michigan. It has become almost routine.

Bob

Last edited:

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am an organ donor,
Why not? Take what you want and burn the rest... a little less ash is the only result on my end. If someone gets my hands, they might type in web addresses and click on buy icons at flashlight venders...

greenLED

Flashaholic
Being an organ donor is a great thing to do. I don't think you should worry about doctors not caring for you so they can get your organs; it doesn't work that way.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even though you said you wished to be an organ donor your family still has the right to say "no". So talk it over with your family and let them know your wishes.
Like "Hey Dad, if some rich dude from Chicago named Wolfen, wants my kidneys tell him no way!" :)

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Yes I am an Organ Doner.

Long story short, I had to have a Corneal Transplant in my left eye in 2000. Before that my eyesight had diminished to the point that I was Legally Blind in that eye. Now I can see much better. This is due to the person who donated their Cornea.

I wrote a Thank You letter, gave it to the Doctor, and it was forwarded to the Doner's Family.

After that, I realized what a blessing it can be. So now yes, I am an Organ Doner.

All My Best,
John

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I do not not officially have an organ donor's card, however my wife knows that they can use whatever they need of me once I'm gone. I've always been of the opinion that if a known donor is teetering on death, the fact that they are a a donor may sway them into not as agressively attempt to save you. Call it parania on my part, but that's how I feel.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I'm not done using mine yet either, but when the time is right and it could help save someone else's life or make their life more liveable, go for it.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not yet, but I did sign up as a bone marrow donor. Then I got old enough they sent me a letter saying, thanks but we can't use yours anymore...:huh: . Dunno if I want to get a letter like that for my other organs.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I had a Casio once but sold it instead of donating it...:ohgeez::crackup: I just kill me!)

Ok, seriously...I'm not listed as one, probably should be though - it's another "gift of life" and if I could help someone I would like to.

I think they used my Dad's corneas when he passed away.

I do know that if the money situation gets too bad (I'm currently at home for a long term on the job injury)...and I see the wife filling the bathtub full of ice and sharpening the kitchen knives - I'm checking into a hotel until the ice is gone! :thinking: :shrug:

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes I am a donor.

Here is a suggestion, since there are way too few donors then what is needed.

People who have been donors for 10 years should receive priority whenever they need an organ (so that their wait is less long).
THAT WOULD IMMEDIATELY FIX THE PROBLEM OF NOT HAVING ENOUGH DONORS

I am surprised why they are not doing it. Sure ethically there could be a problem, however I think ethically its even more a problem that tons of people die without getting a donor organ.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a donor too. Why not let some good come out of my death when it happens? After all, I won't need it any more. And who knows, maybe someday I or someone I know will need a transplant. I'd certainly be greatful in that case to the donor.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had organ donor on my drivers license for as long as it was an option. That being said my organs will be junk after I'm finished with them.Stevie Wonder is one of the few that might notice an improvement if he receives my eyes. If I misplace my glasses I would be driving by braille.

DarkLight

Enlightened
Yep long time on the license....

But since I dont own a motorcycle anymore my chances may have dropped considerably....:naughty: