Broken Fenix L1 o-ring?

Polar_Hops

Enlightened
Hello, does anyone know where i can buy an o-ring for the fenix l1 that will retain waterproofness? It is the O-ring by the tailcap. It broke as soon as i got it. I'm thinking maybe they used some type of lubercant that disolved the rubber o-ring? Thanks

savumaki

Enlightened
ll check:rant:It's more likely that the Oring wasn't lubricated that caused it to break.

Some sources for orings;
-hardware stores
-plumbing shops and/or stores
-hydraulic shops and distributors
-home depot
-CTC (in Can)

Good luck

BTW, it's a bit of a pisser to get a new light and have that happen :awman:

Karl

Last edited:

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
The o-rings in my Fenix L1P 2.5 that came today seemed very dry when I first opened the light. Unscrewing the tailcap resulted in a painful-sounding abrasive noise. The first thing I did was lubricate the o-ring and threads (with magnalube from yaesumofo's group buy) and now it seems fine. Thankfully, the o-ring didn't break, but if it had, I would have had the two spares that came with the light along with the spare rubber switch cover and lanyard. Didn't spare o-rings come with your light?

Last edited:

Polar_Hops

Enlightened
No o-rings, or battery, or tailcap boot came with my fenix l1p. Does it usually come with a battery? there were no o-rings or boot, like i said. i'm sort of sad.

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where did you by it from? From the factory it comes in a magnetically sealed gift box. Inside is a foam cutout containing the light, a warranty, 2 o-rings, a rubber boot cap, a nylon/neoprene holster, and a wrist lanyard. I got (both 2.0 and 2.5) of mine from 4sevens group buy but opted to do without the boxes so the light and extras came in a bubble wrap envelope. No battery, but considering the cost of this light, all that extra stuff makes for a pretty sweet deal- it shows that the manufacturers really care how and if the light is used.

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just checked and found that there were (2) o-rings sent with the L1P that I purchased.

I will gladly send you one via"snail"mail, if you PM me your name and address.:)

jeffb

Polar_Hops

Enlightened
Oh wow, i found it. I was so excited, i put the o-ring and boot on my semi-cluttered desk. Nice find!

Thank you for making me look for it some more, i thought it was all a big mistake.

Thank you very much! i just installed the o-ring, works fine and dandy still :)

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
They come with: 2 spare o-rings, spare tail cap boot, pouch, lanyard, and sometimes gift box depending if you wanted it or not (extra shipping). They dont' come with battery though.

Latest posts