Inova T3 or XO3?

Firebladz

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys:

Due to some recent events I can't afford the SF U2 I was interested in...

So I am now looking at these Inovas...

I know they are quite similar at least thats what the specs say, but I would really be interested hearing what people have to say...

Any opinions, reviews or comparisons especailly by those who own or have used these lights would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
Firebladz.

Inferno

Newly Enlightened
I have the XO3 and a friend of mine has the T3... I like the flat panels on the XO3 better than the Eggo Waffle pattern, but I do long for a clicky tail cap. It is far easier than trying to screw the end in for constant light. I also noticed that my XO3, while being pretty white, seemed a shade more towards blue compared to his T3. Also, the XO3 comes in silver, which was just a metter of preferance for me...

Inferno

Newly Enlightened
Not that I could see, but I have not done any runtime tests either. I will say that I love my light (with the exception of the twist-on cap), love the throw...

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
The difference is largely cosmetic.

I like the look and finish of the T series lights. I have 4 of them.

Also, I am a clicky guy more than a twisty guy, so the choice was made.

Excellent well built lights either way. Just don't expect a much spill.

Mark

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Firebladz- I have the T1, T3 and an X5 (which uses the same type of switch as the Xo3). IMHO, the T series is MUCH nicer both because of the extra grippability due to the waffle pattern over the smooth flats, and the true clicky switch. The X switch only gives you momentary (if the tail cap is threaded down enough) and can't click on- for that you need to screw the tailcap in all of the way. With the T switch, partial pressure turns the light on and if you press all the way, it will click on for constant. Click again to turn off.

Otherwise, the T3 and Xo3 are exactly identical- they throw very far with a large hotspot, but produce a unique pattern from reflectored lights due to the TIROS optic; the beam is all hotspot with just a few rings of light as spill. This allows more of the light to be focused into the beam creating greater throw. The guts of both lights are the same- the only differences would come from the naturally occuring differences in the emitters- good ol'e luxeon lottery.

I recently purchased a T4 (rechargable version of the T3) so I'd be willing to sell you my T3 if you are interested. It is in excellent condition.

Wherever you decide to get it, I sincerely encourage you to go with the T series over the X as they really are improved versions.

Firebladz

Newly Enlightened
Sounds good...

Just curious what type of range we are talking about?
and are the rings any good for sidespill?

Just curious if any of you guys have real life beamshots?
i.e. not at a white wall from 3 feet but at an actual target at distance?

P.S. how much would you sell the T3 for?

Thanks,
Firebladz.

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Inova spec sheet lists it as going 250 ft. Its hard for me to guestimate, but I can definitely light up the tall tree tops around my house with it. The rings are funtional as sidespill for navagation purposes- you wouldn't want to read with them, but that isn't what this light is for. You won't notice any flaws in the beam in a real-world scenario. Sorry, I can't post beam shots- try searching the forums set back about 6months-year.

PM sent on transaction details.

enLIGHTenment

Enlightened
Real-world beamshot of the T3 with several other lights:

Range about 50 feet, camera in manual mode with the same settings for all lights.