River Rock 2AAA tailswitch question

Genxsis

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a RR 2AAA at Target yesterday after reading all the glowing reviews about it here. But a question has come up:

I was under the impression that you have to hold the button down and rotate the cap to keep it turned on. Here's how mine works: If you tighten the cap all the way after installing the batteries, it comes on. Then you have to loosen it til the light goes off. At that point, you can push lightly on the cap OR the button to make the light come on. If you loosen it a little more, then only the button will make it come on.

I like to loosen it beyond that to keep it from coming on at all in my pocket, then tighten it a bit as I'm about to use it. Kind of a pain though.

Anyway, is the way I described mine the way it's supposed to work, or is mine a defect?

goldenlight

Enlightened
Mine works exactly the same way. It's typical of a switch of this type of switch, like many SureFire lights, before clicky switches became relatively common on the SF lights.

BlackDecker

Enlightened
Same operation here on my two RR 2AAA tailswitches. Just something you get used to. Still an excellent light for $10.

mykall

Enlightened
Yup, that's the way most tail switches work. It's a
rather non-complicated design that has proven
it's worth in reliability...(usually).

MB

Genxsis

Newly Enlightened
Thank you guys for putting my mind at ease. I agree that it is a nice light for $10. I say, "the smaller the better". After all, a light is only good if you have it with you when you need it! This one fits the bill.

InfidelCastro

Banned
It's a wonderful pocketlight and you don't have to worry about losing it like you would a Surefire E2E. I use it on nights when doing my pizza delivery gig. I do keep a bigger light in the glovebox though.

Latest posts