Whats your favorite food?

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like Thai #1.

Italian gets second place, Japanese third.

What about you all?

CLHC

Flashaholic
WOW! I'll try most anything at least once. My tastes are wide and varied. But one off the top of my head: Loco Moco from L & L's and/or the SurfPac from Zippy's. . .

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hard question to answer. If I'm hungry, and I'm eating *one* of my favorites, it's often my very favorite at the moment. Here's what I love, though:

Mexican
Thai (Pad Thai with extra bean sprouts, that hot and sour chili sauce, and peanut sauce...mmm..)
Persian (Chelo Barg/Koubideh)/Mediterranean (includes several)
Japanese (SHOGUN!!!! (or Kobe's, or Benihana's...all very much the same)
Italian
Indian
Korean
Oh yeah, and BBQ!!!! (Ribs, pulled pork, brisket, Tri-Tip...etc...!!)

There a lot more that's great, but these are the big ones that come right to mind.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
cheeseburger & fries
barbecue
enchiladas
pizza
fried fish & shrimp
spicy chinese

ice cream
chocolate
cherry or banana cream pie
oreos, chipsahoy

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Chinese #1 (especially Dim Sum and the spicy dishes)

Italian #2 (most kinds including shrimp dishes but not anything with fish)

Mexican #3

BLT's #4

Most other ethnic foods are worthwhile. I'm not big at all on many typical American dishes though. Hot dogs are tasty if you're in the mood for them (horrible aftertaste, though). Hamburgers and fries are OK, BBQ is OK if you do it over a propane-fired grill. Forget it over charcoal with that lighter fluid taste. Steak or any other chunk of meat isn't my cup of tea. I prefer small amounts of meat mixed in as part of a dish. Seafood I hate totally outside of canned tuna and shrimp.

I like just about all desserts regardless of nationality. The only things I hate are cakes with that crappy frosting made of shortening and sugar. Besides offending my taste buds, I'll leave out any graphic descriptions of what it does to my digestive system. :green:

Beverages? I like just about anything except things like cranberry juice or tomate juice.

Don't even get me started on junk food like Doritos. :devil: I hate to admit I can polish off a family-sized bag in one sitting. It's a good thing I only buy it when it's on sale, which is one a month if I'm lucky, or I would have to widen all the doors. :laughing:

vaism

Newly Enlightened
Clear blue ocean & windswept coconut trees..
It's definitely Sushi!! Give it to me anyday... Salmon sashimi with lots and lots of wasabi... Till i breathe like a dragon! :mad:

And !! Smoked salmon too...

now reflecting on wat i've juz wrote.. could i be a bear in my past life?

simbad

Enlightened
DoscerditosenMaine.jpg

HighLight

Enlightened
vaism said:
It's definitely Sushi!! Give it to me anyday... Salmon sashimi with lots and lots of wasabi... Till i breathe like a dragon! :mad:

And !! Smoked salmon too...

now reflecting on wat i've juz wrote.. could i be a bear in my past life?

#1 Smoked salmon ( I just finished smoking a load of Atlantic salmon and vacuum packed it.)
#2 Tenderloin (done just to medium)
#3 Lobster
Now I know why I'm so skinny..I can't afford to eat!

Makarov

Enlightened
1: Without doubt chicken!
Fried, in salads, in sandwiches(Clubsandwich is my favorite) on the pizza as buffalowings etc etc.

2: Sodd (traditional food from Trøndelag in Norway, soup equivalent with meatballs/meat from sheep, carrots and potatoes) This is food for big occasions like the national day and weddings. Not for everyone, but good if you're raised on it.

3: Får-i-kål(trans: Sheep-in-cabbage) again traditional food from Norway, served in the fall when this years sheep has been taken in from their summer pasture and slaughtered. Sheepmeat and cabbage is put in a big pot in layers with salt and whole pepper. Boiled for hours, served with potatoes.
Great taste, even better the next day :D
Definitly not for everyone...

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have lots of favorites! Where do I start?!?
BBQ, especially Kansas City style
Pizza
Steak
Hamburgers
French fries
Peanut Butter and jelly sandwiches
Mexican food in general
Italian food in general
Roast beef
Chicken especially when drenched in BBQ sauce!
Thanksgiving turkey with mashed potatoes & gravy
French toast with maple syrup, scrambled eggs, hash browns and bacon or sausage is probably the best breakfast I think
Chocolate cake
Just about any kind of ice cream
Lucky Charms cereal, with a side of toast with PB&J
Just about any kind of chocolate

All of this helped put the "Big" in Big_Ed!!

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll be more specific since y'all are. My favorite Thai dish is the red curry with beaf, preferably at least medium hot. I prefer the red curry without the coconut milk (some restaurants have this variation), but will eat it either way.

I like warm to hot dishes, and am also enjoying himilayen and indian food.