Is Infinology.com webhosting dead?

meteor

Newly Enlightened
My website and host (Infinology.com) are unreachable for a day now. Phoning them just sends me into automated voice mail. Has anyone heard anything about them? Any recommendations for a good inexpensive small business web host? AAArgh!

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can get here:

http://www.infinology.com/contact.htm

Just fine... Everything seems to be working (just surfing their site).

Contacts:

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Web Hosting Sales:
[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] 1-877-883-2248 - Open from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM PST, Monday - Friday
[email protected] [/size][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] [/size][/font] [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Technical Support:
1-877-883-2248 - Open from 5:00 AM to 10:00 PM PST, Monday - Saturday. [/size][/font] [/size][/font]
[email protected]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Billing Department:
1-877-883-2248 EXT. 85 - Open from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM PST, Monday - Friday
[email protected]
[/size][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]-Bill
[/size][/font]

meteor

Newly Enlightened
Weird. I'm still getting "cannot locate server" type errors and none of the pictures in my eBay auctions are loading. Their phone numbers are useless. I guess all I can do is wait and see if things change. I can't bring up any Infinology.com related web sites. I'm not having any problems accessing other web sites.
Thanks for checking guys.

was_jlh

Enlightened
meteor, are you on roadrunner? may be related to the level3 fiasco going on.

meteor

Newly Enlightened
Problem could likely be with my local ISP (RoadRunner). A check of their support page's System Status link says users have been unable to connect to sites hosted by Cogent. "Third party issues" - gulp! Don't know if this applies to Infinology but I've got all the symptoms. A ping test returns "unknown server". I sent an email to RR support to let them know about my situation. Thanks again for checking. I'll post here with a follow-up when they get it resolved. Lets start timing them. ....... --1--2--3--GO!--

meteor

Newly Enlightened
Sorry. I was composing while you were posting! This is the first I've heard about the level3 issues.

Last edited:

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a news article on Level 3 playing chicken with the competition...

Two major Internet backbone companies are feuding, potentially cutting off significant swaths of the Internet for some of each other's customers.

On Wednesday, network company Level 3 Communications cut off its direct "peering" connections to another big network company called Cogent Communications. That technical action means that some customers on each company's network now will find it impossible, or slower, to get to Web sites on the other company's network.
"Peering" arrangements are maintained by network companies that agree to connect their networks directly together to exchange traffic more efficiently. When the companies are of roughly equal size, money rarely exchanges hands.

Level 3 contends that its arrangement with Cogent is no longer financially viable, since it is larger than the other company. It has asked Cogent to seek other arrangements, possibly including paying for the traffic exchange, a Level 3 representative said.

Cogent CEO Dave Schaeffer contested that claim, saying that its network is at least as big as Level 3's, and that it makes no sense to pay for the connection. Cogent is offering any Level 3 user who can't get to Cogent sites free Internet service for a year, in an attempt to attract its rival's customers....

Anyone ready for the UN to govern the Internet????

-Bill

PS: Not me...