Surefire Spares Carrier question. So Do I have to........

cslinger

Enlightened
So do I have to buy a specific one SC1, SC2, SC3 to use as a spares carrier for my A2 Aviator? Will any of them work for the Aviator bulb or only one specific one?

Thanks
Chris

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are just carrying batteries it shouldn't be a problem when it comes down to size. You can have 4 cells with the SC3 or 6 with the 1 or 2.

When you throw a bulb into the situation, the carries get specific. The SC2's are designed for the M3-M6 (possibly the N series) bulbs (these are carried in a bulb down way because there isn't a reflector built onto these bulbs.) The SC1 holds the P series lamps (lamp up because of the reflector.) The SC3 is intended for the E series bulbs and the MA02 Aviator bulb.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The SC3 is the only Spares Carrier designed for the MA02 / MN01 / MN02 / MN03 Lamp Assemblies. The SC1 & SC2 require some foam (etc) packing to hold those lamps.

SC1, SC2 and SC3
P181.jpg

SC1 & SC2
P182.jpg

SC3 & SC3
P183.jpg

Al

quokked

Enlightened
Spares carrier smares carrier,
Thanks for the heads up about the SC3 Size15's, i thought
all 3 types of SC's needed 'wadding' to hold the smaller
globes in

What i did instead of getting a SF spares carrier was get a Pelican 1010 case
- Buy a few CR123s (of course)
- Brought a Scourer from a Poundland thingo (30p)
- And cut slots for my stuff with a Swiss army knife :sssh:

I'll eventually get round to cutting slots for some AA litiums, a mn03 globe
and some other assorted stuff (suggestions people?)

I had problems finding foam till I got that crazy brainstorm 'oh look
sponges are foam and cheap' :sweat:

PS. Sorry about the dodgy images guys i used one of these cameras to take it
http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/cameras/7886/

Last edited:

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
quokked - I have had a SC3 when I had my E2e and found the Pelican 1010 too big for EDC. An E2e with MN03, SC3 with 4 CR123's and a MN02 was my go to set-up.

I do have a Pelican 1010 case with slots cut out for 15 CR123's. www.batterystation.com/cpf.htm is wher eI got mine, the holes are already cut and you get 15 batteries with it for $25. A little to big for EDC but it sits happily in the back pack.

Nice pictures Size15's :D

quokked

Enlightened
JasonC8301 said:
quokked - I have had a SC3 when I had my E2e and found the Pelican 1010 too big for EDC. An E2e with MN03, SC3 with 4 CR123's and a MN02 was my go to set-up.

I do have a Pelican 1010 case with slots cut out for 15 CR123's. www.batterystation.com/cpf.htm is wher eI got mine, the holes are already cut and you get 15 batteries with it for $25. A little to big for EDC but it sits happily in the back pack.

Nice pictures Size15's :D

I think I might have to find another method of carrying round a coupla spare CR123's too, I wanted that batterystation setup but it would've mean i shipping it to the UK :( I've heard about CR123 'wallets' on CPF, might look into one of those, I wish those CR123s were like collaspeable or something :grin2: I carry WAAAY too much in my pockets day to day right now, that i usually lub around a backpack for my spare EDC kit (like the pelican 1010), pens, first aid kit, inova X1, spare tie, book, etc (does it show i'm a teacher?) :ohgeez:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Do you have patches on your elbows?
Additionally, you need to have chalk marks regardless of whether or not there are blackboard at your school.

The best way to carry a spare set of batteries is in a spare flashlight. Something like an E2e...

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
Size15's said:
The best way to carry a spare set of batteries is in a spare flashlight. Something like an E2e...

Uh-huh. It was you who put that evil suggestion in my tiny little brain. My L4 was supposed to do that. Now I have an L4 that is a primary light, and an L2 that is a battery carrier. L2s don't make good battery carriers. Now I am back to square one, needing an L4 for battery storage.

This is an evil, evil cycle, and you are a sick, sick man! :)

Scott

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the SC3 which i have bored out the middle to acomodate 7 R123`s.
They are my spares for my Li-on Cub ;)

I just love the SF Battery Carrriers.

Plenty of runtime there.

Benny

greenLED

Flashaholic
Why lug around only 6 spare batteries when The Beast will let you carry 21... :confused: :)
Actually, this is what I carry my spares in when I go camping:
rnd2.jpg

'twas a Lock'n-Lock container in its former life. Fits 8 123's with enough space in the middle for spare whatever (or one more cell). I put a piece of closed-cell foam on the lid, and there's NO rattle. :D

Last edited:
E

Emilion

greenLED said:
Why lug around only 6 spare batteries when The Beast will let you carry 21... :confused: :)
Actually, this is what I carry my spares in when I go camping:
rnd2.jpg

'twas a Lock'n-Lock container in its former life. Fits 8 123's with enough space in the middle for spare whatever (or one more cell). I put a piece of closed-cell foam on the lid, and there's NO rattle. :D
Same here~
Light weight and waterproof carrier @...excellent price! I use similar container which fits 16 123's when I carry my M6.

greenLED

Flashaholic
I sold a bunch of them (these round ones and other sizes too) on CPF at one point. Check for Lock & Lock containers on-line. If you don't find them, send me a PM, I may still have a spare one (pun intended) somewhere.

Here's what a quick Google search gave me:
Lock & Lock containers, the round 3oz are the ones I have. I also have several of the 2.3 cups; they fit up to 30 123's. You'll need two foam inserts to prevent rattling in those.

Last edited: