Is this worth the $$?

buddah

Newly Enlightened
I saw a local cop shop in the area w/ a NIB Surefire D2 Defender in his "Clearance Sale" display case for $40.00. I already own a SF E2E, E2D, G2, L2. Would this be worth the $$ to add to my collection especially since SF discontinued this model? I also have a Arc aaa ordered. These darn lights are gonna put me in Chapter11.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
40??? Thats a steal. The D2 is basically a 6P with a pocket clip. A normal 6P is in the 55-60 dollar area, so thats a good deal.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it worth it? That depends... do you "collect" the lights or just maintain a group of the ones you use at various times? If you are starting a "collection" then it probably a light you are going to want to have sometime, but if you just keep the lights you use around (and might not use it because of the G series and D series lights you have) it may end up seeing disappointedly little use.

Personally, I don't have a need for the D series as I have an M2 with clip and a few e-series lights (also with clips).

-Mike

BTW, one comment on the light being a "steal" (great price). Looking back on personal experience, and with no offense intended to you mags: It's possible to go broke saving money. :) My advice would be to make a list of the top 5 lights you would like to obtain in the future (say the next 6 to 12 months), and not seriously consider too many lights outside of the list unless they replace one on the list.

I've found that this keeps the "great deal I'll just buy its" to a minimum, and still allows you to keep an eye out for good deals that fit what you are looking for. I've started these lists for all of my toys from firearms to flashlights, and so far they have worked out well.

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Xrunner said:

BTW, one comment on the light being a "steal" (great price). Looking back on personal experience, and with no offense intended to you mags: It's possible to go broke saving money. :) My advice would be to make a list of the top 5 lights you would like to obtain in the future (say the next 6 to 12 months), and not seriously consider too many lights outside of the list unless they replace one on the list.

I've found that this keeps the "great deal I'll just buy its" to a minimum, and still allows you to keep an eye out for good deals that fit what you are looking for. I've started these lists for all of my toys from firearms to flashlights, and so far they have worked out well.

That's great advise and something my wife is making me do. :whip: Otherwise I end up buying 10 cheapies + the 1 really nice I originally wanted, and spending many times as much as I initially thought I would.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
To ME it is worth it!!! I am also a flashlightaholic, and a SF nut!!! I say BUY it!! $40, but it NOW!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Buy it and sell it here - make a few dollars to "recycle" into your next torch. This way you're getting a deal and your buyer's getting a deal!

Hey I'll take it!! :D

buddah

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the advice guys. I think I will pass the offer up. I need the $$ for a new Cell phone and a Fenix L1P v2.5 light.