• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Drop in Luxeon / 2° Carclo M*g kits Price cut

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Want to make a 3 cell C or D M*glight into a direct drive "Super Thrower"?

This is the easiest way to go:
SA_opticsm.jpg

Sample beamshots are available ON THIS PAGE
And more detailed photos and information are on THIS PAGE

Only four are offered at this time; 2 for C cell M*gs and 2 for D cell M*gs.

#1: For 3D cell (alkaline DD) is a TXOK bin Luxeon III. On Fresh Rayovac Maximum Plus batteries with a no-load voltage of 4.80V it draws 1.25 amps and puts out 11,100 LUX at 1 meter. SOLD!

#2: For 3C cell is a TXOK bin drawing 1.1A on 4.84V (no load) fresh Duracell C alkalines, and puts out 12, 000 LUX @ 1 meter. SOLD!

#3: For 3D cell alkaline: SWAK bin Luxeon III pulls 1.24A at 4.85V (no load) or Fresh Rayovac Maximum Plus and puts out 8,350 LUX @ 1 meter. SOLD!

#4: For 3C cell Alkaline: SWAK bin Luxeon III draws 1.2A from batteries putting out 4.71V no load, and puts out 8,490 LUX at 1 meter. SOLD

Each "kit" includes:
1 LED / heatsink module.
1 Carclo 2° 50mm mirrored optic
1 thick O-ring for spacer/water seal. (you may not need it for your particular head/bezel)
Sufficient heat sink/thermal grease/compound.

I have no idea how these would work with NiMH or other rechargables. Try that at your own risk.

These could also be used in 4 cell + M*gs with a spacer... , and you could adjust it to safely use rechargables or drop current down to specs by integrating a resistor into the spacer.

Shipping is $1.50 for first class or $4.30 for Priority Mail inside the USA. if you need some other kind of shipping, PM me first.

(I understand your reluctance to 'settle' for S bins.... But these things still will impress you with their 'throw' powers... and at this price, the whole kit is priced at less than the optics themselves have sold for from what the other guys were asking not too long ago.)

Last edited:

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Drop in Luxeon / 2° Carclo M*g kits

Thanks! It is packaged and ready to go (with the other stuff you ordered).

Would go out today, but it seems that it is a Postal Holiday.

:dedhorse:

dabiscake

Newly Enlightened

how much for just the heatsink (I have my led + optic already)? Thanks.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have a couple of raw sinks for a C cell mag head available now...

They are just the aluminum slug... You would have to drill the holes for the hookup wire or whatever other methods you want to use. $12.00 (each).

Same $$$ on D cell sized ones... But it will be a while before I can get around to making them....

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dr_Joe-

Yours is packaged and ready to go out in tomorrow's mail.

Thanks for the order.