Pre-ordered an ARC Premium!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am so excited!!! To celebrate my new job (OK, so this is what I am telling myself.), I pre-ordered myself an Arc Premium light!! I have been wanting one of these. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!! I just had to share my excitement with you guys!!

joema

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an Arc AAA-P and and it's a fine light you can carry everywhere. Output has been called "dim", but it's overall output is equal to a new Minimag, yet has much better run time to 50%.

That said, if someone asked me to recommend a small light in the $40 range, I'd say the Fenix L1P. If you simply want a small high quality pocket carryable light, the Fenix has far more output -- will throw a spot 50 yards, yet has great run time, esp on a lithium AA (4 hrs).

OTOH you could argue from a lumen per cubic millimeter of flashlight, the Arc isn't so bad: at 2692 mm^3 it puts out about 7.4 lumens, vs the Fenix L1P at 28,260 mm^3 putting out about 35 lumens.

So the Arc is 1/10th the Fenix volume, yet puts out over 1/5th the light, not bad for an "old tech" 5mm LED.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am planning on putting this puppy on my keychain, my ASP light needs company!!
I am looking forward to my Arc P!!

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll love the out put. It floods a whole room with enough light to really see things rather than just make them out. The new CS nichia is bright and the beam is smooooth!

Penguin

Enlightened
The new AAA is awesome!! I always find myself fiddling around with mine on the keychain. It easily equals the intensity of ~3 of the older white AAA's, thats quite an improvement given that their runtimes are equal.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys, I am more excited now than I was before!!!!

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got one on my keychain. Having it there makes it so very usable. I do edc a hds edc xr60 but I am constantly amazed at how reliable, sturdy and bright the arc is - especially given its size. The runtime seems to be forever and it's always there when I need it.

Congratulations on your new job, I hope it treats you well!

gorlank

Enlightened
Great light, mine gets used all the time, handy as heck.
Good luck with the job too.

randman

Banned
I was way excited too when I ordered mine. But that was many many many many many weeks ago.

They said they were backordered and they meant it. Did everyone go crazy ordering these lights or what?

Hoping for the best.

E

Emilion

I ordered one also. Waiting.....
To be curious...will the coating wear out ? (for those who use it as a keychain, with 5-6 keys and EDC in your Jean's pocket)

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
And thank you for the good wishes about my job!!! I really like it so far!

That is a good question about the wearing off of the finish, from being on a keychain, and in jeans pocket. Does anyone know?

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened
I've got a Lux-3 modded black Arc AAA that's been on my keychain along with with 8 keys, a Firefli (the hearing-aid battery flashlight, not the DSpeck CR123 Fire~Fly), a Leatherman Squirt, and a car remote. I've carried it daily for about 2 years, and it has three or four dings in the finish. There are no big scratches, and no large areas of wear.

My wife has an Arc AAA that's been on her humongous keychain for about 3 1/2 years, along with a dozen keys, a Leatherman Squirt, and two car remotes. Her Arc AAA has one pinpoint ding on the bezel, otherwise it looks like new. She purse-carries her keys, whereas I carry them in my pocket and occasionally drop them.

I'd say the finish on our lights has held up well.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine only is wearing the HA on the edges around the tail by the lug. It's just on the sharp corner edge though.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am so stoked, my Arc arrives on Wed. (Dec. 7th.) I am so happy!!!!! Wahoooooo!

vaism

Newly Enlightened
Clear blue ocean & windswept coconut trees..
Oh they are real awesome little things.. Very nice form and finish, knurling feels great to fiddle with, absolutely love it!

I just gave one to my dad for his birthday.. Was wondering whether he understood what a special little "worshipped" gadget he had .. :laughing:

TIP AND RING

Enlightened
My second AAA-P is in the mail, they are VERY practical, hard-use lights. Worth the wait and best of all, for me, made in the USA.
smile.gif

Mike723

Newly Enlightened
My 2 1/2 year old ARC is almost like new. It's on a keychain with only 3 key's though. I bought one for my aging Dad at the sametime.He carries all his change in his pockets with his keys. It has alot of knicks and a few minor gouges on the Bezel. He tells me it makes him feel like he is a mountain climber but it just makes me sad everytime I see it. It works like a charm still though and is nothing more than cosmetic damage. I doubt the HA will wear off but you are more likely to get minor scratching on the bezel or near the keyring as those parts get hit alot by keys. Honestly though it wont be anything more than cosmetic damage. Thats just my humble experience though.

Status
Not open for further replies.