Good investment Luxeon V to Mag???

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Maglite 5D, i am thinking make a mod to upgrade my mag for a Powered by Leds, so, first i think to make a round IC and put 32 5mm Leds or more, but i have a 21 Leds flashlight and i don`t know if a get what i want with this mod, so, i find in Ebay a buld replacement for Maglite with a Luxeon V, so, that cost around 70$... With 70$ i can buy a good Led flashlight... So... What can i do... Help me to make the right choice...

:thanks:

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
GarageBoy said:
That's gonna overheat. Do it right and look for MR Bulk's space needle
Listen to garageboy. Not enough heat will be pull away from the LED. You would also save money if you do it yourself.
Here's the Mr.Bulk space needle instructions.
http://darkgear.com/mrbulk/sn2build.htm
It has a link to the O-sink
Here is a price breakdown.
Mag 4D=$15.00 Guestimate
O-sink=10.50
Lux V=30 to 37 Depends on what you want. LUX V
Artic Silver=$7.90 From Photonfanatic also, and for future mods :)
So anywhere from $55 to $63 depending on which Lux V you buy.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Funny I should read a thread involving SNII just now. I was messing around earlier and played with my SNII among several other lights.

I don't really remember it, but there is a hole in the middle of the beam. Yuck!

Whoops! Edit: I REALLY like the newer 1W and all the 3W Leds I have!!!!

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
Funny I should read a thread involving SNII just now. I was messing around earlier and played with my SNII among several other lights.

I don't really remember it, but there is a hole in the middle of the beam. Yuck!

Whoops! Edit: I REALLY like the newer 1W and all the 3W Leds I have!!!!
Strange?? The only time I have a hole in either my Lux III or V is when I adjust it to a flood beam. Take a look here.

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=75061

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Nitroz, it doesn't go away with the head down tight. It IS possible that my 123s don't have enough umph anymore...

But my two newest Dorcys with 1W (3aaa and 3D) have very white 1W that make the SNII look pretty green.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
Nitroz, it doesn't go away with the head down tight. It IS possible that my 123s don't have enough umph anymore...

But my two newest Dorcys with 1W (3aaa and 3D) have very white 1W that make the SNII look pretty green.
Did you make your SNII or buy it? I built mine. I used a Downboy1000 and vv1t and mine looks great. Hmmmm...

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Bought it from EL off Ebay. Back when I could do such things!

I just tested a bunch of 123s out of three lights. I have 4+ flash amp 123s in it now. It seems a bit brighter perhaps.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
Bought it from EL off Ebay. Back when I could do such things!

I just tested a bunch of 123s out of three lights. I have 4+ flash amp 123s in it now. It seems a bit brighter perhaps.
Dunno?? Mine works great.

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitroz said:

:candle:

Is amazing the things i see in this page, in Sandwich Shoppe... And know i want to make a better job with my Mag, maybe 3 Luxeon 5 Watts... but i am a amateur in this things... Can you help again and toll me what exactly i need to make my mod right??? my mag is a 5D... toll me if a need battery holder AA, Converter, Tri Star Sink - D and the type of Luxeon, a see three different models...

Thanks again... when a finish my mod i post i couples of good pics...

:thanks: