E1e luxeon mod?

scudinc

Enlightened
That looks like it was an ARCMania mod—it will be very difficult for you to replicate unless you have access to a machine shop. I'm sure someone here could do it, but it would probably be cheaper just to buy a KL1.

cy

Flashaholic
I've got an E1E mod with red LED done by Don long ago

boomboots

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the input. I´ll probarly have a guy that can do the milling(correct word?) for a couple of beers. :buddies:

Anyone that might have the dimension on how much should be milled? Or even better a drawing.

One more quiestion, which regulator from the sandwich shoppe is recomended with a 3w luxeon led to get the same output as the nuwai Q3 or more running one cr123a battery?

Need every help I can get to managed with my little "dream".

(Im a swede so please be patient with my poor english)

Sincerly
Boomboots

Last edited:

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
The regulator that would work well is the NexGen 750. its the most used one among custom and/or modified 1x123 and 2xaa lights.

scudinc

Enlightened
boomboots said:
Thanks for the input. I´ll probarly have a guy that can do the milling(correct word?) for a couple of beers. :buddies:

Anyone that might have the dimension on how much should be milled? Or even better a drawing.

One more quiestion, which regulator from the sandwich shoppe is recomended with a 3w luxeon led to get the same output as the nuwai Q3 or more running one cr123a battery?
The BadBoy 500 should give you roughly the same output. Use a Wizard 520 if you want to run this head on 2 CR123s.

(Im a swede so please be patient with my poor english)
Don't worry, your English is better than that of most of the Americans here.

AW

Newly Enlightened
A fellow CPFer in Hong Kong has done this beautiful Lux III mod with a E2D head / E1e body :

E1e.jpg

E1eD.jpg

E1eA.jpg

E1eC.jpg

E1eE.jpg

boomboots

Newly Enlightened
Now we talking!

That mod looks a lot more easy to do than the other one, just buy the stuff an drill a hole and you all set =)

:thanks: all!

boomboots

Newly Enlightened
Bumping this. Finally im done with this mod, i´t took some time. The head is borde out to fit an Mcr 20, NG 500 and TXOJ for use with one cell. Homemade LE from a copper pipe and som aluminium inside the pipe.

Some pics, maybe bot the best quality, but hey.

reflectorna2.jpg
e2dfb1dz2.jpg

headma7.jpg

reflectorna2.jpg