Bubble in the lens/dome of my TWOH emitters?

jchock

Newly Enlightened
I was just looking at some TWOH emitters I got after reading how some people's dies are high and others low. I was comparing the heights to my TWOJ stars and though they looked the same height, I noticed what appears to be a dome like bubble around the actual die. When I look down on the die, there's a moving black/grey spot that I think was a reflected artifact from the lamp within the actual dome (internally reflected between the bubble around the dome and the outside of the dome). This "bubble" is almost exactly the diameter of the die and is perfectly centered around it.

Has anyone else noticed this with theirs? I've gotten pretty good results with this emitter, so I was surprised at this in actuality. It's not one of those, "I don't have warm fuzzies about this emitter anymore" things, just more of a curiosity. Maybe the dies were supposed to be higher and sank, maybe this is new? Maybe it's my eyes and it's a reflection or something from around the surrounding light (I don't think so though)?

If need be, I'll try to snap a picture of it and someone can tell me if it's definitely there or if it's just "your eyes stupid." But it appears that my other TWOH emitters have this as well (they're still in the packaging they were sent in, but they look like it through the clear plastic)...

jchock

Newly Enlightened
hmmm... maybe it's just more noticeable than normal but it's always there?

LuxDieBubbleCrop.jpg

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
woah, that is weird!! I've seen bubbles in the luxeons silicone before, but not like that!!! That's perfectly ON the die! Take a look at your others to verify.

That doesn't look like a bubble, but something else. Notice how it's colored? And I don't think it's reflecting the yellow phos... If your other luxeons have the same shape/placement, I'd say it something they are doing on purpose... What is that for though? :thinking:

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast
That lens shaped "bubble" artifact is perfectly normal. Every one of my high dome white luxeons is like that. Nothing to worry about.