• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: 3rd_shift 3C Magmod (SOLD)

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
FS: 3C Magmod by 3rd_shift, w/TWOJ & UCL lense. Here's the original thread: http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=68644
Excel. condition. Will include (if you would like it) a PVC sleeve so that 3xAAs (NiMh) can be used instead of C cells. Beautiful beam and excel. runtime, even with AAs (NiMh). SOLD.

$65 shipped USPS Priority. If you want insurance, let me know. Otherwise, I am not responsible for items lost or damaged in the mail.

PP is fine. Add 3% if PP CC.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
3rd_shift said:
That light has a 1 year warranty from the time it was made.
Records updated to honor XenonM3's new ownership of that light. :)

Stephen,

You are a gentleman and a man of honor. I enjoyed playing with this light very much---excellent quality. I am happy that another CPFer will have the privilege of owning one of your creations.

Andrew

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a M*gmod 3 C built by 3rd shift. It is my favorite light, out of all the lights I own.

dsc001043vf.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

XenonM3

Enlightened
:wow: Thank you AFAustin for letting me have this great deal and 3rd shift for backing up the light with your well known service.

I'm sure going to be a proud owner of my new light! :rock:

XenonM3

Enlightened
I finally got the Light today :thanks:

The mailman delivered it this morning, but I found out why it took so long, customs was holding it, they opened and inspected it, the box was a mess.

I removed the yellow tape and took out the light, it looked very nice and brand new, I opened it up and removed the PVC sleeve and installed 3 freshly charged NiMh batteries it didn't light up :thinking: then I tried it with 3 energizer NiMh AA's and still no luck :huh2: am I doing something wrong?

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter,

Sometimes, when you load the AAs in the PVC tube and then insert the tube in the light, the lead cell will retreat a little back into the tube and not make contact. Hold the tube so that it's not going all the way into the light, then drop the cells in so the 1st cell makes good contact.

Let me know if that resolves it.

Andrew

XenonM3

Enlightened
Just tried that again but no luck.
I'm not that great with diagnosing problems with mods, I removed the head and everything looked normal, just alot of thermal grease.

Maybe I should send it to 3rd shift and see if he can find out whats wrong with it?

XenonM3

Enlightened
By the way this light looks very nice and the Lux 3 looks like it can really throw inside that very smooth reflector, I was dying to try it out and I wish it was working somehow :candle:

darn customs! they have been opening so many of my packages :rant:

XenonM3

Enlightened
That was the first thing I tried and I forgot to mention it above when I said 3 freshly charged NiMh batteries instead of 3 Freshly charged C cells, my AA's were inside another light and my NiMh C's was ready and freshly charged.

Last edited:

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter,

I am sorry to hear it still won't come on. I used it a bit shortly before I put it up on B/S/T and it was working fine. I am not a modder, or technically proficient myself at all, so I can't give you any expert advice, but I'm hoping Stephen (3rd_shift) can.

Please keep me apprised. I will back up this sale, so if you prefer to return it to me for a refund, I will do that, and then I'll send it myself to Stephen and see if he can make it right.

Andrew

XenonM3

Enlightened
AFAustin you gave me a really great deal on this light.

The way you have handled this sale to me is worth much more then the price I paid you for the light.

I think I will keep it and find out from 3rd shift if I can send it to him for a fix.

Thanks again,
Peter

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter,

Thank you for your kind words. It has been a pleasure to deal with an honorable CPFer such as yourself, and I am just sorry that you are having trouble with the light.

Stephen is the man, and I bet he can fix whatever ails this nice creation of his. However, I stand ready to do my part to make this deal fair and right for you. Please let me know how things proceed---I am not closing my file on this till it has a satisfactory conclusion.

Best regards,

Andrew