Best light for Real Estate Broker?

NotASolder

Newly Enlightened
Ok, so I'm a real estate broker.

My first 'real' flashlight is/was a Surefire Nitrolon G2 in Black. The description fron SF website read, IIRC, that it was a good buy for real estate people.

My needs.

Let's say customer is selling nice 6 bedroom house, guest quarters, pool, full basketball court, fully landscaped acre. He wants top money for it. I want to sell his house, I'm carrying a soft briefcase with contract and well-inked pen, among other essentials like a laser pointer/ultrasonic meter, digital camera, Palm, etc.

The problem is the owner is a tad "stingy" and he cut power to the property as soon as he moved. (I know, I know, no light, no power=no open house!).

Still I have to sell it. The spacious rooms now look like caves. And even here on the Caribbean, I can't count on sunshine coming through every day.

...So how do I lite those rooms up with something that:

-Really turns indoors into shadowless splendor. :candle:
-Looks 'real estate broker-like'. :huh:

-Won't burn my hand while the buyer runs out to fetch his wife/children to come look at the walk in pantry, for the third time. :whistle:

-I can EDC on the belt or pocket, even when not carrying my desk. :huh:

--Is inexpensive. (Real estate brokers are stingy :ironic: ).

As I may have hinted at above I'm still using my G2, but it comes up short for the larger rooms even when bounced against white ceilings. And it's looking more tactical/less Brooks Brother than I'd like, every time I look at it.

Suggestions???

cy

Flashaholic
you want a light you won't mind handing over to a customer. G2 is not a good choice, runtime is too short.

take two lights one really bright to light up entire room and another to hand to client.

Fenix L1 at $30 to hand to customer and Surefire L4 ($125) to light up room. need at least 100+ lumens for this job.

a tri-lux 2C mag mod with li-ion cells with 200+ lumens would be better.

lots other lights could do the job. I pick those because that's what I have laying around.

twentysixtwo

Enlightened
If you're really cheap, the TL3 is a great deal now, 200 claimed lumens for $45 -$50 shipped, which includes spare bulb. Much more light than a L4 at half the price and not much larger. Still, nothing will light up a room like a hot mag (MAG85, MAG60) Problem with hot mags is it can be hard to put one together on short notice since the battery holders and reflectors can be hard to get (glass lens and magcharger switch are stock items....)

NotASolder

Newly Enlightened
Ledean said:
How inexpensive is inexpensive ?.

Well, let's say UNDER $200.00 (Ouch, OUCH, hurts just to type it!). Under $100 would be even better. There's got to be a classier cased, better-performing-than-G2-light in that range!

Most of you CPF'ers have owned or shopped for real estate. Sugest a light that would do the things I need while also making you proud as a CPF'er to say " :wow: MY realtor has an xxxxx! And he uses it EDC. AND I'm glad I'm not paying his commision. "

cy, I don't think anything with the name Mag in it would fit my description, think sleek, think small. Think real-thor.

Somy Nex

Enlightened
With regard to lighting up a room, how about the Pila GL4(/R) or GL3XR? both of these have the wide angle beams on the xenon, and are pretty bright at 130 lumens (195 for GL4 non-recharable), which will light up any dark room pretty damn well--if it's one thing my Pila GL4 does well is throw out a solid wall of bright light =P

If you get the rechargeable versions (130 lumens), they'd save a lot of $$ in the long run too.

Kilted

Enlightened
OK, try this one:

3W /5W mulit-level output flashlight for Wholesale

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/90469&page=1&pp=30

QuickSilver V $70.00
http://emilionworkshop.com:3072/osc...d=282&osCsid=2921d18ba00ab7794b17a51db593afd3

About the size of a Surefire U2
30 Level brightness 5W (NOT Clone) Flashlight

Size:32 Bezel / 24 body X 144 mm
Weight : 148 gram (with 2 X CR123 Li-ions ..not included)
Brightest : 860 Lux @ 1 meter
Dimmest : 10 Lux @ 1 meter
Battery : 2 X CR123/1 X 17670 /1 X 18650

=D~~ Kilted

Deanster

Enlightened
Another vote for an L4 - it's pretty compact, not too 'tactical', and most importantly, it throws a wide, bright flood that lights a room like nothing else, with a relatively nice, even light. I think it's the ONLY choice for providing general illumination of a larger space - nearly all other lights have too much of a 'hot spot', which does a great job for identifying objects, but leave you attempting to 'paint' a room when you're trying to show how big and roomy it is.

Should be able to get it for less than $150 easily.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a thought, why not use 2 lights? You could get a couple of Brinkmann xenons (can't remember the model, uses CR123s) that are about the size of your G2. They're small enough to hold in one hand and you can lend one to the client to poke around as they'd like w/o worrying if they forget to return it.

-LT

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about getting about four of the Rock River Lanterns? At $20 each, you get several, wrap them with Glad Press-n-Seal and you might even have enough left over for another toy (er, I mean illumination tool). Maybe something like this. :)

-john

NotASolder

Newly Enlightened
Lunal_Tic said:
Here's a thought, why not use 2 lights? You could get a couple of Brinkmann xenons (can't remember the model, uses CR123s) that are about the size of your G2. They're small enough to hold in one hand and you can lend one to the client to poke around as they'd like w/o worrying if they forget to return it.

-LT

Brinkman, sounds...inexpensive. I like that!

Thanks for all the sugestions guys and gals. L4, Quicksilver, 5W multi, I'll be sure to follow up on them during the week.

So many choices!!! So little dough :broke: Must...research...further...

Now I have to get some sleep before my 18 month old decides to wake up early (or is it late). :sleepy: Adios.

wasabe64

Flashaholic*
Another vote for the L4.

I'd also keep a second light around in case your prospective buyer needs one to have a closer look at something.

The loaner should either be someting cheap/easy to use/not too easy to put in a pocket and forget about (as mentioned by L_T). Streamlight jr/Brinkman maxfire/G2.

Last edited:

cy

Flashaholic
NotASolder said:
cy, I don't think anything with the name Mag in it would fit my description, think sleek, think small. Think real-thor..
2C mag mod is pretty small and pocketable. it's currently one of cheapest way to produce 200+ lumens from Led's and be rechargeble.

You really need some horsepower to light up rooms. cheapest way to do this is with a $35 thor, but it's huge.

for a led light that can put out 200+ lumens, a 2C mag is really small.

this pic will give you a size comp of tri-lux, U2, L4 and fenix L1+ in stainless

u2 l1+.JPG

vontech

Newly Enlightened
I have the U2, L4 and several others.

The L4 is really small and really produces a "wall" of pretty white light -- great to show off a room.

And it can be had for less than $129 on the Group Buy here.

And it looks REALLY great in a briefcase! Befitting a realtor .... :awman:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Pila GL2? GL3? in case you want to go the incandescent way. They can use rechargeables or primary 123's and you have the option of LED tailcaps. :naughty::naughty:

Last edited:

Latest posts