10-10-05 is the first anniversary of my move. :)

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Tomorrow (10-10-05 on the west coast of the US) marks one full year at my new address.
So far, so good!!! :) :D :thumbsup: :twothumbs: :thumbsup: :D :)

I moved here on 10-10-04 after being evicted from my former home for missing a HUD appointment.
It's very hard to believe that a whole year has already gone by!!! :eek:

I still haven't found my McLux Black Widow, and I miss not being able to bring my upright arcade video game, and miss most of the rest of the stuff I had to leave behind (like most of my insulator collection, component stereo systems, couch and tables my parents gave me, neon wall clock, etc.), but I'm pretty sure I got the important stuff, like this computer, the lab computer (still haven't figured out where to install that), the ProMetric, a spectrograph, light meters, DMMs, power supplies, most of my lighting devices, most of my CDs, most of my JVC ghetto blasters, etc.

The only thing that really pisses me off is the bill for $8,866.66 that SHA sent me last December for "cleaning, disposal, and repair" of my former home. :sick: :sick2: :mad: :sick2: :sick:

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Congrats on your anniversary! I hope everything continues to go well for you.

PS - When I first saw the title I thought you were talking about lawn fertilizer :huh2: .
PSS - Sorry about your missing stuff.

Last edited:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
:awman: sorry about the stuff you lost/left behind and the bill to "dispose of it". What a bunch of BS! Have you unpacked and went through everything since you moved? Who knows you might reach into a box and get bitten by your black widow! :D

Well anywho, heres to a year so far at your new place! :buddies:

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Well, just a month or so ago I reached into a box and found a custom-made flashlight that I could have sworn got left behind - I could still "see" it in the headboard of my bed...so there still exists the admittedly faint possibility that I could reach into a box and get "bitten" by that dangerous spider.

I have not yet thoroughly gone through *every* box I took with me, so the possibility does indeed exist.
I really do hope I find that very dark colored spid...er...flashlight. :)

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Today (10-11-05) is the first anniversary of getting the telephone line put in here and getting on the internet with my own computer. :)
Minor milestone I know, but a milestone nonetheless. :thumbsup:

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The space I'm occupying now has no room for my laboratory; so no photographs have been possible.
I just have to drag out various instruments piecemeal (usually just one at a time); there simply isn't enough room here to make any permanent or semipermanent installations.

So the "lab" photographs currently on my website will stay up there for the time being.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Congratulations on one year in your new digs, Craig! Yeah, it s*cks that you had to leave so many things behind, and it REALLY s*cks why they tossed you in the first place.

But I'm glad you're here, still vertical, running the Museum and sharing your friendship and expertise with us!
:rock::grouphug::twothumbs:party:

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I just got off the telphone with somebody living in my former building; I just wanted to know if anything was salvaged. Two or three Photon Micro Light IIs, and a rug were all that anybody managed to save; my upright arcade video game, McLux Black Widow, most of my insulator collection, most of my vintage computer equipment, all of my furniture, etc. were s***canned. :shakehead:

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, I cant even begin to imagine how it is like to have so many lights or insulators, you have to choose which to take or leave. I use to enjoy looking at your insulator site and how you spelled insulator with the different ones you found.

When I left rehab, I left quite a few things in my room. Lamps, small fridge, car seat I used as a desk chair. No charge for clean up or anything.

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
"The only thing that really pisses me off is the bill for $8,866.66 that SHA sent me last December for "cleaning, disposal, and repair" of my former home...."

You have to excuse me, since I'm Canadian, but who the heck is SHA?

---

duh, I did a Google search and found out that it's the Seattle Housing Authority. http://www.sea-pha.org/

I have a lot of questions swirling around in my mind about this whole thing.

Last edited:

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
cobb said:
Man, I cant even begin to imagine how it is like to have so many lights or insulators, you have to choose which to take or leave. I use to enjoy looking at your insulator site and how you spelled insulator with the different ones you found.
I took as many lights as I could find (which was almost all of them), and took all of the rarest/most valuable/most colorful "insolators" or "insulaters" or "insulators", plus all of the commemoratives and most of the ones from mom and uncle Pete. :) But I still had to leave the majority of them behind, including my beloved carnival suspension disk "insolator", and all of my porcelain post-type and porcelain multipart "insulaters". :(