MLB 2005 Playoffs

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
No such thread yet. Unlikely it will get used much, but I have to show off my Astros as much as possible.

In case you didnt hear already, ASTRO'S won their NLDS today with the longest post season game ever. The final, 7-6 in the 18 inning, coming in at 5 hours and 50 minutes. The previous longest game was NYM against HOU in 1986(or maybe 1984) and it went only 16 innings. Along with those records being broken, we also used the most players (tied) ever. The only player on our entire roster left was the pitcher from lastnight, and the potential pitcher for tomorrow. Roger Clemens, is a master of baseball. Playing on only 2 days rest, he finished it up and was more than willing to pitch more...(cause he had no other choice). To any Atlanta fans here though, it was a good game. Someone needed to win to get the rediculous game done with. By the end, I didnt care who won, just someone needed to belt one outta the park to get these pitchers outta there.

Now, Let the fun begin...(or whats left),

-C

TorchMan

Enlightened
It was an incredible game. With all that expenditure, I'm just glad it didn't go down as a loss. Can't imagine having to play a game five after that and then go on to a new series. Phil Garner couldn't stop praising Rocket. :goodjob:

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats, Astro fans. I'm a Cub fan and ther's NO WAY I'll be cheering for the Cardinals. And there's even less of a chance that I'll cheer for the White Sox. YUCK!!
It was one of the best games I've seen in a long time. Clemens was great. And for Farnsworth to give up both a grand slam and a solo shot to tie it up!?! Unbelievable! It's nice to know that an ex-Cub doesn't automatically become a superstar when traded away. (think Lou Brock)
Anyway, congrats again.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to see the Yankees eliminated. Cannot stand the punk, A-rod....

I'm hoping for a Angels v Cards series

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I watched the last game of the ALDS tonight, rooting for the Angels. Couldn't be happier to see Slappy go 2-15, or whatever it was, in the series. Jeter is clutch, A-Rod is a hex.

Since my Red Sox are out of it (not shock, considering the pitching woes) I'm hoping the Astros'll go all the way. Seeing Clemens in the WS again would be a hoot.

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
3 more outs for the Cardinals, and the Astros will win. What a game though. Some great plays by the Cardinals for the most part, but Ozwalts pitching was spectacular.

Cameron

[edit]Woo! Astros win their first ever in St Louis during the post season.[/edit]

Last edited:

TorchMan

Enlightened
Ah, a win. I learned a long time ago that the words of a wiseman apply to all sports in H Town: "It ain't over 'till it's over."

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clemens on Steroids? Whatever. He's not enough of a jerk, like Bonds. If the Astros win today with Brandon Backe pitching, we will be going to the World Series. Pettite, 2nd in the league with most post seasons wins, lost his first this season, I highly doubt that will happen again, but if it does, they still have Ozwalt then Clemens to beat. I really want to say its the Astros year...they deserve it after the 15-30 comeback this year and the 18 inning game last week.

Cameron

TorchMan

Enlightened
bobisculous,

I haven't followed them that closely, I'm jumping on the wagon now. Are you saying they scored 30 runs in a comeback? I'm not sure what you are stataing there. Can't be right?

EDIT: Just figured out it was their record at the beginning of the season. Duh!:ohgeez:

Last edited:

TorchMan

Enlightened
Oh man! What a way to win! Turned a double in a nail biter inning. :touche:

What a day! One game away. Just...need...one...win! I'm drained from watching, but in a good way.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Tigers will win the world series... next year! Thats my team!

-David

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
LETS GO ASTROS! 27 Outs, 9 innings, 4 hours or less(hopefully) away from getting something they have never gotten before. Its so ours. Come On Sir Andy Pettite! You lost the first, its now your turn to win. LETS DO THIS!

Cameron

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, I was glad to see NY eliminated. I root for the Yankees, but I didn't like the team this year; they didn't try until the last month of the season, when they turned it on down the stretch. I can't stand a team that has an identity as underachievers. Being not so good is one thing; not trying very hard is another.

This is the same reason I never liked Reggie Jackson, Rickey Henderson, etc. They had alot of talent, but to me, not running out a grounder to first base tarnishes the homerun you hit back in the 4th inning.

TorchMan

Enlightened
What an agonizing way to lose. I'm suprised they pitched to Puljos though, with two on and two outs, I'd walk him to get to the next batter, he's dangerous. Still, we have two more chances...:ohgeez:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i dont like baseball but i hope the astros win for you cam .hey is this the end of the season like the super bowl of football?