Ultrastinger Fast charger

wheel

Newly Enlightened
Just received information from Streamlight that they will be releasing the Fast Charger for hte Ultrastinger early 2002.

Flash007

Enlightened
Cool !!!!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would it be compatible with regular Stinger as well? I hate to have so many different chargers on my desk.

Alan

wheel

Newly Enlightened
Alan, you asked if it would be compatible with the regular stinger. Well, my question to Streamlight was could I use the Stinger FastCharger with the UltraStinger flashlight since the regular stinger charger will work with the Ultrastinger. Their answer was absolutely not and it should not be tried. To clarify my first post about the UltraStinger Fastcharger. I reviewed the email and what they actually said was that it would be released during 2002, but not sure exactly when.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry folks, I didn't make our question clear and created the confusion. I do have regular charger for my ultrastinger and fast charger for regular stingers. This is exactly my problem. I have 5 chargers on my desk - chargers for 9AN, 10X, UltraStinger, regular Stinger and consumer-sized Nicad/NiMh such as AA, AAA, D... Etc.

If the new fast charger for US is compatible with regular stingers, it could replace 2 of my current chargers off my desk.

Speaking of charger, the excellent design of 10X charger is a real unsung feature if you have spare batteries. It combines the best of both world - charge the battery alone or with the light.

Alan

wheel

Newly Enlightened
Alan: Can't decide about ordering the ultrastinger today or not. Do not want a light that is too big. Looking at the dimensions, appears only about 4 inches longer that the stinger and should be about the same diameter. Can you confirm this. Give me your impressions about the ultrastinger, please. Thanks, Wheel

Numbers

Enlightened
Received my ultra stinger 2 weeks ago. Diameter is the same as regular stinger length is just over 11 inches. This light really reaches out when focused to a spot beam. I use it to fend off cars when walking in suburbia at night, they get the message! The 5 sub c's give it the power to reach out versus the three cell sub c lights.
However I was disappointed in the beam, it has many rings and is nowhere close to "perfect". After reading this forum before purchasing I expected better than I got. Thats not to say I expected perfect but I did expect better. After using the US for 2 weeks I think the US should be considered a solid work light but not a work of art. Thats ok! For the price and compared to SF which I would expect to be close to perfectit's bargain. It puts out a lot of light.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Does anybody know if it's OK to leave my US in its standard charger for long periods of time and use it only occasionally?

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use my US every night at work, and since February, it hasn't even hiccupped...As for the beam, I can go from a very wide flood, to a very narrow spot, with no rings or dark spots; and the light quality is easily equal to, or superior to a Surefire (if you have one of those SF lamp modules with the banana shaped beam).

--dan
P.S. I wouldn't think there would be a problem leaving the US in the trickle charger for long periods of time.

--dan

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
UltraStinger is very carriable and usable. OK, I use the word *usable* again. While I always carry multiple lights, I found that I use UltraStinger more often unless I was also carrying 10X.

How good it is? Simple, it turns me into Streamlight fan. It throws farther than 10X's 500 lumen and still maintain pretty bright peripheral light even in its tightest focus setting. The light pattern is very good and I'm very impressed that SL could create such a bright light in only 10W.

You won't regret to get it. In fact, I'll be getting another one when SL ship the new fast charger.

Alan