Enlightened
From what I've been reading, 2.0 is around 780mA and 2.5 around 980mA
can someone confirm this ?
I've tested both my lights with a brand new duracell, I got 780mA and 820mA
do I have version 2.0 or 2.5 ?
Thanks

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I got a little over 800ma on nimh in my 2.5, haven't tried any alkalines though. I think one thread equated the difference in the two is where the fenix was written but don't quote me on that.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
800mA seems very high to me, especially when considering runtime and battery capacity of the Fenix ... are you sure this value is correct?
bernie

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has to be a high current draw to get any decent amout of current to the luxeon. Starting voltage is only 1.2/1.5 volts, and then it has to boost more than double that voltage for the luxeon to draw anywhere near it's rated current, even with an H vf luxeon! That high of a boost results in less efficient conversion too. The runtime, well, I don't know... It's magic. Well no a NiMH or Lithium can sustain high current loads for a good time...

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Doesn't that mean that it won't really work with an alkaline cell, thus defeating a huge part of the purpose of the light?
bernie

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alkalines can still work, but they won't have as flat of a discharge curve. Meaning they will deliver the power at first, but then gradually dim more than nimh/lithum. Check out the runtime graphs for a better visual of what happens...

Both alk/nimh start out the same, as alk has higher starting voltage, but sags, and nimh has less voltage, but doesn't sag. But the nimh will deliver the steady current up until it's about dead. Lithium cells should outperform NiMH, but not by a whole lot.

red_robby

Enlightened
Kiessling said:
800mA seems very high to me, especially when considering runtime and battery capacity of the Fenix ... are you sure this value is correct?
bernie
yes, I'm sure...
I'm also pretty sure now that the lights I have are version 2.5

Enlightened
I don't have a stock v.2.0 or 2.5 to measure the current. The L1P 2.0 and L1P 2.5 differ in the markings on the flashlight body. The 2.0 has the Fenix logo on the bezel and the 2.5 has the Fenix logo on the tube.

Hope this helps,
Chris

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have any v2.0 to measure, but this is what I got from my four v2.5s.

First value is for fully charged NiMH, second is for a fresh alkaline:

#1- 1.05 / 1.15
#2- 1.02 / 1.12
#3- .96 / 1.06
#4- 1.04 / 1.04

Peter