First Opinion of Gladius.

ksshooter

Newly Enlightened
Well I was at Cabelas the other day and decided to look at a few of there Surefire's. I went and tested out their 6P since it is sort of a standard with a U2 for comparison. I was very supprized at what little light the U2 put out on maximum beam compared to a stock 6P. I don't want to get into a technical debate about comparing incadecents with LED however can I expect about the same out of a Gladius comparable minus the stobe and other features as the U2? I am really close to breaking down and getting a Gladius for $219 at a local police supply store. Thanks for any help.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
In flux (lumens) you will most likely have less with the Gladius than with the U2 as the stated 80-100lm on high for the U2 is the lower/mid spectrum of the used 5W LEDs whereas for the Gladius and its LuxIII it is pretty much the top that youmight get, not considering losses from the optical equipment --> IMS reflector and lens.

However if it is lux (throw) that you are after the GLadius is your ticket as it collimates the beam into a tighter and smaller hotspot that throws further.

bernie