What are your favorite flashlights?

tron3

Banned
One of my very favorites is the 120 lumen Nuwai that uses 4 C cells.
Bright light and easy to find batteries. I paid $1 for 4 batteries at a .49 cent store! It comes with a FANTASTIC nylon case with plastic insert. Great general use and gift item for officers, etc.
http://store.advancedmart.com/lu5wledalfl1.html

Little brother to the above flashlight with 120 lumens and same fantastic case. This link has a pic of the case. Same as for big brother. 2 CR123 batteries. Worked with 4.2v rechargeable CR123, but I don't know of long term affects.
http://store.advancedmart.com/nulu5wledalf1.html

3 watts and up to 75 lumens at only 4". this is my EDC. 1 CR123 battery.
Worked with 4.2v rechargeable CR123, but I don't know of long term affects.
http://store.advancedmart.com/nu3waluposil.html

Same flashlight at Amazon for a few dollars less with my review. Please vote!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007UYYC8/002-7319828-7181604?v=glance&n=3375251&n=507846&s=sporting-goods&v=glance

And in SPITE of the lousy customer service I received :thumbsdow , I love my Striker-VG from www.ledlogic.com. About 200 lumens. 2 CR123's. 4.2v rechageables NOT recommened.

I have a few more, but those are the ones i enjoy the most.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I moved this thread because I could see no connection to flashlight collecting.

cslinger

Enlightened
Surefire A2 - Best all around multi-purpose flashlight I have ever seen bar none.

Surefire L1 - I like multi level lights and I don't get too hung up on lumen output. I tend to like lower output with higher runtime with the option of short burst of bright light. The L1 shines here.

HDS EDC U42 - New to me but really is an amazing light. Again probably only around 40 lumens in reality but plenty bright and the lower levels are really what sell me.

Just about the entire Inova line with the exception of the X1 and new plastic series lights. Inova just makes spectacular lights for the money. Heck they make spectacular lights period. Again not the brightest by far but plenty bright to be useful and tough as nails.

Chris

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Let's see. Right now it's my old Arcs (AAA, AA, LSL), Peak Matterhorn (3LED H.O. in brass), Eternalight Derringer, UKeLED 4AA, Palight, Infinity Task Light, and River Rock AAA.

Geoff

lightplay22

Enlightened
A2 Great for just avout everything.

HDS basic 42 Great for many things.

Strion Gets used a lot and is very economical.

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
MagCharger (carried it on duty for years)
Gerber LX 3.0 (3xAA)
Surefire L2 which always seems to have the right light level for my situations
River Rock .5 watt 2xAAA light
and as of this past weekend I have a new favorite joining the pack, the Inova T4!

greenLED

Flashaholic
minimag 2AA, can't stop lovin'em shape :)
Arc LS, although I'm starting to get annoyed at the kroll :(
Arc AAA, keychain galore
Infinity Task Light & Infinity Ultra
Pila GL3 and Peli M6
Oh, :wow: I own all of those ;) ...with a SF U2 coming for :santa:

I also have favorite components and lights I don't own. For example, I like the Gladius' switch interface and the striking looks of the Larry lights. I've also always liked the original McLux, and now the Aleph 2, and the PD. :shakehead: ... I like'em all! :crazy:

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
All my lights are my favorites ;)

But the Li-on Cub is my favorite for now.
I have a feeling that will change when my other lights
arrive.

Did i say im addicted to Flashlites :whistle:

Benny

Last edited:

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorites?? All of them, of course!!!
I love all my SF's"
E13
G2's
6P's
My Inova X5, and sheath that has a tritium dot in it.
My ASP Elite lights, with the battery packs you can change.

I love them all!!

Lmtfi

Newly Enlightened
Here's a shot:

> QIII
> Various modded MagAA flavors
> Infinity Ultra G
> Arc AAA
> Surefire A2 HA BK
> Electrolumens XM-3
> Streamlight TL-3

I tend to like smaller form-factor lights that have an output that is impressive compared to their small size. The same is true for "value" lights that kick out a lot of light for $20 or so.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Like MorpheusT1 said: "All my lights are my favorites"!

Seems like my current grab and go favorite lights are the McLuxIII–PD with H22–MMMMag and the SureFire L2. Everybody likes the SureFire A2 which I don't have but is on my wish list along with several others that these webpage threads cannot fill. . .

Perfectionist

Enlightened
Can't believe nobody has mentioned the Fenix !!

In no particular order :

Fenix 2.5
Inova X1
Streamlight Luxeon Junior
Streamlight Key Mate
Streamlight ProPoly
HDS Ultimate
Orb Raw
PALight Selector
Arc AA
Pila GL2R

paulr

Flashaholic
The Nuwais are good value but those lumen numbers are way exaggerated. The Q3 is a 75 lumen light like George Bush is a particle physicist ;).

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
The lights I find myself holding most often (in no particular order) River Rock 2AAA, Minim*g with Lambda LuxIII pill, SL Stinger, Dorcy Metal Gear 3AAA LuxI, SL 3C XP/LED.

Of the over 100 others, none get a lot of use. I rarely use 123 lights for example as I can't just order more because I feel like it.

Except for the 3CXP/LED and the RR 2AAA all the rest are rechargable!

Edit: If I could afford Pilas and charger, M*g C lights would get a workout, particularly the 3C with 4x123 and a HOT bulb...

Last edited:

jtice

Flashaholic
Surefire U2
Fenix
Arc AA
X990
UK 4AA LED
Streamlight 3C and 4AA Luxeons
Various modes, PR-T, PR heads etc.

fleegs

Enlightened
JiL DD
Neoca
Groovy NG750
Raw
Aleph2 NG500(3W)-15ohm
Aleph3 BB700(5W)-30ohm
VIP

They are my current favorites.

rob

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I definitely go through "flavor of the month" cycles in which some of my flashlights go in and out of favor. However, there are certain lights that just remain my favorites for various reasons, and others that I find I don't like as much as a once did.

An example of this latter category would be my HDS, which even though is of superb quality, I find the switch a bit stiff, the runtime on high a bit short, the weight a bit heavy, and the price a bit high to comfortably use it as my EDC.

The Fenix, on the other hand, is slightly less obtrusive in my pocket (thinner and lighter), I prefer the switch, and if it gets messed up, I'm only out $40 (not $150). The Fenix has quickly jumped to the upper levels of my favorites list. Other perenial favorites are:

Jil DD. I love this thing- its so small, has a beautiful warm white beam, and, best of all, rarely needs battery changing due to a 20+ hour runtime.

Arc AAA turquiose- this was my first Arc (purchased about 2 years ago). It's one of the more refined models (knurling is like the new ones, writing on body not around the head). Its got obivious signs of wear on it now, but still lights up nice and bright with that beautiful colored light.

Inova T4- I'm in my honeymoon period with this light right now since I just got it last week, but I'll say that I certainly don't mind using it a lot (which I kind of do/did with my T3) because of the easy rechargablility.

Eternalight Rav'n 2- the best "fun" light out there. This light is an amazing deal at only $25 and is actually quite funtional.

Ultra-G- a light that doesn't really get a lot of use, but it will probably be in every bag I ever take with me (at least until something directly better comes along- maybe an Arc AA with an upgraded LED).

Zinc-Air Fire-Fli- my only true EDC since it's on my necklass- I can even make some light when naked!

Some of my old favorites: Inova T1, QIII with 2 stage switch, Gerber Trio with red LEDs, UK Unilite 4AA eLED, Peak 3 RGB AAA prototype, a few different Photon Freedoms...the list goes on.

Latest posts