I sent emails to Target and Wal-Mart

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sent an email to the corporate offices of Target about getting more LED lights in stock faster- I'm sure they already know this because of the 'point-of-sale' data they receive.

I also sent an email to Wal-Mart corporate offices letting them know they are falling far behind their competitor (Target) in the amount of LED lights they carry. Hopefully this will light a fire under their butts to carry more high quality LED lights and make them available to the masses.

I put links to CPF in each email- the link I sent to Wal-Mart is this one http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/search.php?searchid=132396

Maybe they'll get the message there are tons of people out there who'll buy high quality LED lights if made available.

Last edited:

BlackDecker

Enlightened
That's a great idea... maybe if enough folks do the same, they'll get the hint. Large multi-national companies like Wal-mart are somewhat slow to respond to consumer demand.

I would think talking to the local store manager would help in getting the word back to corporate as well.

Nell

Enlightened
I did the same with Target and basically got nothing from it. They did not respond with any additional info. other than to say they were sorry.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Think they really read your email? My dad writes long emails to companies, senators, governors, the president, etc. I always tell them they are likely deleted as spam and if they are not caught by a spam filter they are just dismissed.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nell said:
I did the same with Target and basically got nothing from it. They did not respond with any additional info. other than to say they were sorry.

Yeah... but how do you know that your emails didn't help confirm to Target that they needed to find a source for low priced LED lights... which they now offer?

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
cobb said:
Think they really read your email? My dad writes long emails to companies, senators, governors, the president, etc. I always tell them they are likely deleted as spam and if they are not caught by a spam filter they are just dismissed.

Maybe they won't read it, but by doing nothing, there's absolutely NO chance they'll know about the issue. Who knows, it may be worth a shot. And if enough of us send messages, they may just figure out there is a population of flashaholics out there who can't get enough high quality LED flashlights.

I've sent numerous emails and letters to my state's elected officials and have received a reply letter for every single one- guess someone's reading them.

Last edited:

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
You pretty much have to be 'on the ball' in order to get those lights when they show up. The good ones go fast. Then the bad ones spread around the pegs in order to make the display look better.

dbedit

Newly Enlightened
I work with a company on the suppier side of both Target and Wal Mart. A general email requesting more LED lights is not going to get much attention. Be Specific with what you want, Light & Manufacturer. The buyers in these retailers have no idea what you are after most are 25-35 and buying for a large category for example they are buying for the sporting goods, hardware, auto departments and every item in those categories from basketballs to fishing lures. Also it will be a good idea and will get results to file a request with the local store manager. We get calls all the time with requests from customers at these stores wanting our products and are graded as a manufaturer on how we resolve the request.