new lens-light in Pop Mech anyone have?

jrblack

Newly Enlightened
there was an ad in popular mechanics for a new flashlight called Lens-Light.

has anyone bought one? they appear to only have 1watt leds and are very expensive but look nice.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's made by Chapman-Leonard there was a thread about them last year about this time but I can't find it since the search function doesn't work past the recent software upgrade.

I've got some of them and they are interesting but the execution is a bit odd. They turn one like a Mini Mag and have a momentary "boost" button on the tail cap.

-LT

jrblack

Newly Enlightened
that is odd . i aint gonna shell out the $ for a 1watter but if they had 3watt or 5watt and regulated....... are they type111 HA?

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it made by Chapman-Leonard?

If yes then they say that it is HA3. It is very odd HA3 though because it is shiny not matte like everyone has always said HA3 has to be. The lenses are part of the expense I think. The triple lens version throws a very tight spot when focused down.

-LT

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Re: seen this ?

IIRC there was a lot of talk about this light a while back, but it didn't make it to production back then. Seemed like a very good and desirable light.
It looks like it finally made it! Unfortunately the info on the page isn't that exhaustive and the facts are really missing, but at least it is expensive! :D :D
Anyone wanna be the guinea pig here?
bernie

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: seen this ?

Kind of interesting, especially the company selling it.

CL Enterprises is Chapman-Leonard, a Hollywood studio equipment sales and rental company. Camera dollies and such. No connection at all to the flashlight business.

I'm not crazy about the looks of the light and for a 2xAAA LED it is very $$$$.

Maybe it's a high priced gimmick or maybe it has some type of magical performance. For a light in that category and at that price, I will not be the one to find out.

Maybe Quickbeam can get a sample for review.

Mark