So when will the Lumi K2's be available ??

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have 8 of them. We already put U bins in our LC's so some of them are going into a 4 LED Mag mod to compare against U-bin power. They are samples. Me thinks they are months and months away. There is nothing to stop them from being put in place of 3 watt emitters. They can handle more power (drive) like a 5 watt. The Vf is like Lux III though. The good part is they will only cost 1/3 of what U bins are running. Might be a good racket to convert 5 watt SureFires after the 500 hours are up.:naughty: You could kiss the ugly donut hole beam away then. None of my 3 watt lights have them being the emitter is so small. The K2 is just as small.

Last edited:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
In the flashlight world where the limited power supply is critical I am more concerned about efficiency of the new LEDs than about raw output. Also, from what we can see right now the Vf is really not as cool as with the LuxIII ... so for now, I am not impressed.
bernie

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is another good test is to check the thermal efficiency. They do have a wide range of different bins like Lux III. I, to will reserve judgement till the results are in from real world test. We may not see a great efficiency gain but I would like to see cost reduction vs amount of Lumens. The charts do show increase but reality beats guess work.

redduck

Newly Enlightened
I am holding off buying expensive lights (e.g. HDS) just for this one to show up.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too wonder if they will have any decent bins commonly avalible in th K2 format. If they do then efficiency should be up.

Niko

Newly Enlightened
I also have samples of the K2, in various colors. From what I have heard the K2 will not be widely available until late first quarter, early second quarter next year. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them.