Can I use HDS r123's in my SF E2E w/kl1?

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I can, but need advice from the pros!! Thanks!

luxlover

Banned
lrp said:
Thanks....guess I'll have to use Pila's.
lrp,
Hold your horses son. You are giving up too soon......

If you are referring to battery's diameter vs the body's inner diameter, here is what I have to say.....
I have a SF L4 light. The body is equivalent to SF's E2e body. I have just inserted a pair of Battery Station (BS) 750mAH protected R123s (blue jacket), and they fit like a glove. I have also done the same with the 900mAH R123s (BS custom jacket) with the same result. If the R123 batteries from HDS are 0.660 inches in diameter or less, then they will fit. HDS sells MP brand batteries, which should not have a larger diameter than the ones I have. They must be compatible with all 123 based lights out there. The MPs will fit your E2e body.

If you are referring to the drive voltage of two R123s, here is what I have to say.....
The 4th generation KL1 bezel may be used on any one cell or two cell SF E-series body. The bezel has a voltage range of 3V to 9V. A pair of MP batteries off the charger deliver 8.4V. A pair of MP batteries will drive an E2e with a KL1 bezel, very nicely.

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Luxlover.....you have made my day!! Thanks a lot!! LRP

Edmond

Newly Enlightened
My KL1 with one HDS R123 run about 42 mins and then turn off without any warning signal. I think using either Pila or 2 x HDS R123 would get the same result as KL1 's circuit will squeeze all the power from the Li-ion. 2 x HDS R123 should result in longer run time then Pila because of higher voltage run and the cost would be lower.