5C Mag Modification Questions

Drew

Newly Enlightened
:wave:Hello all! I am new to posting here on the forums. I must say the amount of knowlege here is very impressive. I found these forums through Quickbeam's Flashlightreviews.com web page. Now that I have been lurking around for a week or so I have come up with a mod and I wanted to run it past you guys to see if it is viable.

I have a 5C cell maglight that I have owned for better than 7 years. It is in nearly new condition as I never used it much. I have owned a Stinger HP for just under 6 years and it has served me better with more output in a smaller package and ofcourse battery savings.

Here's the idea:
After reading all about the WA super bulbs on the forums I was wondering if I could pot an 1160(apparently commmonly used in the mag charger in bi-pin form for upgrades)
Add a glass lense and metal reflector and run the light on 5 "Titanium" 5000 mAh NiMh C cells. At 1.2 volts each 5 should provide 6 volts correct?

Do you guys think this would work and be a decent upgrade? Or should I just devote the cash to building a Mag85?

Thanks for any and all help,

Drew

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF
I do have a 5 "C" M*g that runs on 5xNiMH batteries with a WA1160
It is pretty bright with decent size and run time.
You can pot a bi pin bulb in PR base yourself or get a already potted (hard to find). You can also convert your switch to bi pin or get a bi pin to PR adapter.
Good luck.

Latest posts