READY TO SCRATCH AN ITCH!!!

spacetroll

Newly Enlightened
Well guys, a recent post on Pentagonlights has stirred up an itch for a new light!! I really like the look of the X3, but doing some searches has brought up another name or two.

Streamlight UltraStinger, I like the look of that light and the candle power says 75,000/295 lumens, is this correct? If so I like that! Plus the rechargeability is great for a dog walking light.

Mag85, several posts say this the King for Lumens per dollar, is it? And, who here makes it and how much? Do they take credit cards!?!?

As you can see I like BIG LUMENS in a smaller flashlight style light, meaning not a big spotlight like the Thor. I already have one it's just not a good dog walking/check the back yard light with a pistol in the other hand. Any other opinions are welcome. Thanks.

Spacetroll

spacetroll

Newly Enlightened
A little more info, I have a EL TriStar Phazer, nice light but the tailcap switch is not good for a longer light, you need two hands to turn it on when it's balanced in your hand. I think all longer lights should have the switch up near the head beacause of how you balance it while carrying.

Pelican M6 Led, nice light, just want MORE POWER!!

Mag 2C to 3XCR123 with KPR 112?, Again nice, just want MORE POWER

Surefire G2 Nitrolon, Burnt out bulb.

Princeton Tec 40, Good small backpacking/ camping light, takes two hands to turn on and NOT ENOUGH POWER!!

Basically I want several hundred lumens in a light about the size of a 3 or 4 C or D Mag with a switch near the head with a nice beam and spot and moderate spill would be nice, rechargeability is a plus.

Thanks again.

Troll

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, a Mag85 is mostly about getting the parts for your 3D Mag and putting them together. It's something you can do yourself, no problem. You just need an aluminum reflector, a Boro Lens (high temperature glass), a battery adapter (or adapters, depending on the type you get), and either a potted wa1185 bulb, or a bi-pin bulb which will be needing either one of fivemega's PR bi-pin adapters (very simple to use), or one of Kiu's high temp sockets (a little more work).

Or you can just check the B/S/T and eventually you'll see either a pre-made light, or the parts needed to make it.

spacetroll

Newly Enlightened
Guess I gotta mention Surefire in the heading and thread to get any help around here!

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't forget the mag60. It's a rechargeable maglite with the WA 1160 bulb. No modification to the original flashlight is needed at all!