tool for bezel removal?

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk
I'm looking to replace the lenses on some of my G2's and was curious...what's the tool I need and where can I get it?

- Chris

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
that's a great question - I was just thinking the same thing. I replaced the stock bulb with a P90 lamp assembly and this gets quite hot - want to change to different lens. anyone out there know??

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk
I know someone does. :) I've got the new lenses sitting here waiting to go in. C'mon people...they're getting cold...

** yes, I've searched **

- Chris

Vee3

Enlightened
Snap-ring "pliers" work well. They usually come in a set for outside/inside rings with replaceable tips. You can use the ones designed for outside snap-rings for this application. Everyone should have a set. Usefull for lots of things that require some kind of a light-duty adjustable spanner wrench.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen the suggestion for the spanner wrench before. While that should work, it would be nice if we could get a source for the real tool, or at least something that grabs in more than just two places since it would be less likely to mess up the (inverse) "teeth". Anyone?

-john

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
If there were enough "demand," I could make a pass-around tool. Sink 6 3/32" dowels into a piece of 1 1/4" dia delrin. I already have one for the M6.

Larry

lexina

Enlightened
I just bought a pair of circlip pliers (the type that opens out as you apply force) and they work quite well - be careful not to apply too much force though as you could break the plastic lens retainer ring.

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk
Hasn't arrived yet. I'm sure it will though. I'll keep y'all updated...

- Chris