Scratch in Reflector

Rottie

Newly Enlightened
Would you guys happen to know if the beam quality of a flashlight is affected by scartches in the reflector. The scratches are like 2 lines one short and the other one a long, it starts near the rim and ends midway.
Thanks for your feedback.

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's only two lines then I doubt you would visually see a difference between that reflector and a untouched mint reflector in real world use.
Those two scratches represent a very, very small percentage of the total reflective area and isn't something to be overly concerned about.

Yes, it's annoying knowing they are there, but dwelling on it will only lessen your enjoyment of that flashlight.

I don't think it would be a good idea to try to polish the scratches out, as this will likely cause more harm than good.

Apollo

Newly Enlightened
It depends on how finicky you are about things. I wouldn't get rid of the flashlight just because of 2 scratches on the reflector. It's not like the scratches will interfere with the flashlight's ability to illuminate. Some guys are anal about things like scratches, dings, or anything that could possibly create artifacts in the beam. I guess it ruins their "flashlight experience" but I've never understood the logic behind that. I say don't worry about it and enjoy your flashlight. After all, it's a tool. Use it, don't baby it.