HOW do you carry your EDC light(s)

Dirty Bob

Newly Enlightened
I know a lot of us carry one or more lights. My question is: How and where do you carry them?

I carry:

Streamlight Stylus 3 in shirt pocket, next to ballpoint pen.

"River Rock" 2AAA LED clipped in collar of a v-neck t-shirt under my buttoned shirt. It's invisible, easy to access, and doesn't take up valuable pocket or belt space.

Thanks,
Dirty Bob

cslinger

Enlightened
Peak LED Solutions Matterhorn AAA ultra snow single led on the keychain. HDS EDC U42 or Surefire E1L in the pocket. All are so tiny as to dissappear.

If I am wearing cargo pants I will, from time to time, opt for a Surefire A2 instead and throw it in a cargo pocket.

Chris

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS U60 on belt in kydex holster and Peak McKinley on key chain. As I obtain more lights I might start a rotation.

fasteddie

Enlightened
Arc AAA or jets22 clipped to my keychain with a berkeley pt clip or in the coin/watch pocket of my jeans. HDS U60 or A2 in the tool pocket of my columbia fishing shorts or HDS U60 clipped to my jeans pocket.

greenLED

Flashaholic
ArcAAA in keychain (pocket)
Arc LS in other pocket
Sometimes a larger light -Peli M6, GL3, or X5- in backpack

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Normally with batteries installed, and close at hand.

Seriously though usually inside my front pocket if using the E2E, or in a belt holster if anything larger.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
Usual EDC:
Arc AAA on a keychain.
A Surefire in my front jeans pocket.

Usual Surefires are E2e, E2L, E1L, L4, TW4, 6P or just recently an A2.

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
On a typical day I either have a soft sided briefcase (man purse?) or a camera bag with me.

In the briefcase...
-Surefire 6P
-Blue Inova X5 (first generation)

In the camera bag...
-River Rock .5 watt 2xAAA in camera bag
-Gerber Infinity Ultra (red) in camera bag for night shooting use

On my person...
-Princeton Tec Pulsar (green) attached to keyring
-River Rock 2xAAA in shirt pocket (usually)

I also have the "flash" on my cell phone camera which is really just a bright LED light that comes on so you can see and then strobes even brighter for the actual shot. It works surprisingly well as a small flashlight.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Arc AAA in front pant's pocket. If it's cold enough, something a little stronger (usually Arc LSL) in coat pocket.

Geoff

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Fenex in a mag AA leather holster, 6P with BOG led drop in, or 2 RCR123 with P90 LA, or P91 LA, in Surefire closed bottom leather holster. Use beamshaper with P90, or P91 setup. Waiting for KT2 setup for same holster, or open bottom holster.

Bill

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Crossbar, I really like the looks of your case, what are the measurements?
thanks!

TorchMan

Enlightened
I carry the U2 on the right side, in a RipOffs holster, forget the exact model number but I love it, it will also hold the Gladius and SL TL-3. In my left pocked I carry the HDS U60, with original clip but I just put the whole thing in pocket.

Last edited:

CARNAL1

Newly Enlightened
I carry my Ultra-G on my keychain. An ARC-AAA v.4 on a neck lanyard. And last but not least my Fenix L1P v.2.5 in the holster that it came with on my belt next to my Victorinox "SwissChamp". This combination seems to cover anything that I run into on a daily basis. Happy Dark Trails.

markbUK

Newly Enlightened
I carry my HDS U42 attached to a lanyard, the lanyard is looped around my belt letting the light hang in my pocket, I carry a sebenza in the same pocket in it's leather pocket pouch.

To me this is an effective low profile way of carrying the light.

Mark

Last edited:

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry my Infinity Ultra on a Berkley clip, on my left side, in the waistband.
I carry my T1 on an old mini-Maglight laynard, on my right side, IWB.
I carry my Fenix L1P, in its pouch, in my left rear pocket, between my wallet and Bucktool.
I carry a green Photon II on my keychain, and a white Photon II on a laynard tied to my Endura. :)

Blades

Crossbar

Newly Enlightened
lrp said:
Crossbar, I really like the looks of your case, what are the measurements?
thanks!
It's 3'' wide, 5'' long, and about 2 1/2'' deep. A lot of the depth comes from my cell phone. If I take that out, its only about half as deep.

It also has a loop designed for a mini-mag, which I don't use at all.

I can take some pictures tonight if anyone is interested.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Carry a hyper-modified ARC AAA (LUX3 with "N" cell body) on my key-ring.

keys.jpg

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
The how-to-carry question is one of my favorites, because I've never come up with a perfect solution. I have an Arc AAA v4 on my keychain , and for a good while have also been carrying a Basic 60 in a kydex holster (the smaller version) from lighthound.com. This HDS/lighthound combo is about the best I've found - for me - so far. I prefer drop-in, open top holsters like that that provide immediate access to the light. I'll also stick a larger light like a T4, Gladius, U2 or whatever in my pocket if I'm headed out at night.

best regards