Surefire there...the same?

assassin337

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys im interested in buying a surefire for christmas and I was thinking e2e.
My dad just got a g2 and its awsome. I was looking at the comparison page and the g2 and e2e look almost the same, both got 60 lumenes output, about hour runtime and about same size. e2e causetwice as much(or more) whats the difference? I thought maybe e2e war regulated but didnt say anything about that an surefire. Is there a difference or should jut get a 9p?

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had both the G2 and Surefire E2e. I highly recommend the E2e for size. You also get the option of a 25 lumen 2.5 hour bulb for the E2e.

www.productwizard.com for the HA III black Surefire E2e (checked yesterday morning and saw 7 or so on the shelf, was the matte black, can call to double check) or you can get the HA version.

It really depends what will you be using the light for. I don't find the 9P/C3 carriable withouth a holster or big coat pocket.

Taken from the review section
"INSTANT SPECS for 87 popular lights *8th Edition* Updated " ~ brightnorm

Surefire E2e* ….......4 5/8 ………1" ……………....¾" …………….3.2oz…….... .60/25 L

Surefire G2* …….…..5"…………...1 ¼" ………..….1"……………...4oz……….....65/120 L

The differences on paper seem small but I 'personally' was blown away by how small the E2e is. The E2e is also a fine piece of engineering/tooling. The G2 is more of a piece of equipment I would throw around and treat with minimal care because it has a polymer body (Nitrolon) and a lexan lens. The E2e has a pyrex lens and I treat it with more respect, and also I was mroe careful because it was smaller and could easily slip out of my hands even with the knurling.

Surefire A2*…….…….5 9/16"……….1 1/16"…….3/4" …………..4oz……..…55 + 4 L

If you can go a little the longer, I find the A2 very appealing to me. It may say 50 lumens but that is a regulated incandescent. Bright and white for the duration of the runtime with no dimming.

Jason

Size15's

Flashaholic
The E2e is much more compact then the G2. It has a pocketclip which makes it much more portable.

SureFire%20E2e%20with%20G2%2064.jpg

assassin337

Newly Enlightened
The thing I would be using for is camping and geral such as walking dog. runtime and size arnt as big a factor because thats what my fenix is for. the big thing is output. but I dont have that much experience so

oh and do I ever wish I could get an a2 ;)

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Camping + A2 = good combo. The A2 has a low output level (3 or 4 lumens) with regulated incandescent readily available.

Size15's~ I was looking for a comparison picture! I knew you would have one, went searching on CPF and couldn't find it.

Jason

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I didn't realize the E2e was that compact! I may have to look into that matte black version, possibly witht the lower output lamp assembly. Thats' pretty nifty!

assassin337

Newly Enlightened
really the low light setting doesnt appeal to me a lot because i got a fenix. What im really looking for is high output. So basically the diffference between g2 and e2e are size and construction. what are upgradeing options for e2e and what do they cost.
Does anyone have a 9p like it or dislike it?

Last edited:

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
E2e has lots of options as well as the G2. I am sure Size15's has some Surefire Frankenstein lights.

With the E2e, you can put in a KL1 ($56) or KL4 LED ($125) head (3 and 5 watts), MN02 low output bulb, choice of Z57 clicky or Z52 LOTC, option of an E2C adaptor (~$30) to accept a KL3 ($62) or KT 1 turbo head ($105), or anything else the G2 can take on the bezel.

assassin337

Newly Enlightened
woops i forgot to specify in upgrades I mean basically higher out put or a more tight beam for more throw but really right now the 9p is looking pretty good considering size is not an issue

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're walking the dog I would suggest a dual (at least) output light with the capacity to use rechargable batteries.

Dunc5

Newly Enlightened
i've got a 9P and its great for dog walking or in any situation when you want a very bright light .The E2e is better for pocket carry but as you said size isnt important and the 9P has alot more lumens . Have you considered the 6P , it might be a good place to start .The set up i use is a 9P with either a P90 or P91 for use when out on the beach ect. and my 6P has a KL3 gen2 on it for my EDC light , if i wanted to i could swap the heads around for super long run time .Go ahead get a 9P you wont regret it but have a look at the 6P too .

Dunc

assassin337

Newly Enlightened
Thx will do. My dads taking me to outdoor sportsman they have a great selection of surefires Ill take a look at all of them. Again thx for the help:)