KL3 gen 2 head...compatible with 6/9P accessories?

Irongen

Newly Enlightened
I just recently purchased an Inova T2, which is my everyday in-my-pocket and work light, but I would like to get a light with more oomph for home use. I was strongly leaning towards a Heliotek HTE-1 based on the glowing (no pun intended!) review over at Flashlightreviews.com, but now I'm intrigued by the 9P/KL3 gen 2 combo. I was curious if the KL3 can accept the accessories that will work with the 6/9P models, such as the beamshapers? I'm quite taken with the Heliotek's built-in beam diffuser, but I'm a little worried that it may prove not to be as durable as I would like (body is Lexan plastic I believe? Nice, but I'd rather have something more solid on a light I'm dropping $100 or more into). The Surefire lights definitely fit the "durable" bill quite well. So, can I fit a Surefire beamshaper lens over a KL3, or is the unit of a different size from the standard 9P head?

Also, how does the light and throw of the KL3 compare with something like an Inova T3 or similar light? Long battery life is nice, but I'd trade a little for improved output. So hard to find just the perfect light..... :awman:

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
You will have to buy different accessories because the Kl3 has a significantly larger diameter. It is a good combo though; nice throw!

-tom

Irongen

Newly Enlightened
But there are Surefire accessories that will work on the KL3? I'm primarily looking for a beamshaper that will let me turn the light into a spot, not so much interested in any sort of colored filters, etc. If I can get a hold of a beamshaper, I may have to wine and dine my wife this weekend so I can catch her in a moment of weakness and order me one of those combos. :sssh:

GadgetTravel

Enlightened
From the review at www.flashlightreviews.com it seems that it already is a spot. It looks like a larger version of the KL1. I dont have the KL3 but I do have a KL1. It is designed as a moderate/low output LED with very good throw for the output due to the optics and good runtime. The KL3 seems to be the same.