Problems with my SureFire A2 :(

HEK_Hamburg

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I used my SureFire A2 rd for almost two years as a backup light now.
There were several situations where I used this backup and I was glad to have it.

Now it seems I have a problem :( .

I cant turn on the constant mode. When I turn the tailcap to limit only the LEDs turn on but I have to push the switch to activate the bulb.

And seems like there is also a problem with the regulation :( *deadunlucky* .
Even when I use fresh batteries I have clear withe light for seconds, than the regulation turn down the light. Its so dim that you can see clearly the LEDs shining in the beam.

Any Ideas?

Do you think that SureFire USA would help me even if I live in Germany and bought the light on ebay.com?

Greetings Metin

bajaiman

Enlightened
I've got the same problem with my L1 tailcap, that is I couldn't turn the light on high mode eventho I twisted the tailcap all the way down. High mode could only be turned on only by pressing the tailcap. I bought my L1 used. I then emailed Surefire and told them that the tailcap is playing up and they replied that they'd send a replacement tailcap which arrived 3 weeks later along with the lanyard ring :).....btw...I'm in Australia. Kudos for Surefire customer support :thumbsup:

I'd suggest you to email Surefire customer service and tell them about your problems and I'm quite sure they'll fix it up.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just had a similar problem with a new U2. I emailed SF, and a few hours later they responded that they were sending me a new tailcap. So trying emailing them with your problem, the serial number of the light, and your address, and see what happens. :)

best regards

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think they would. Just ask nicely and they should fix your A2.

Warranty cover seems to be provided worldwide, I have dealt with SF over some stuff before despite the fact I am in the Far East and they have been very helpful.

HEK_Hamburg

Newly Enlightened
Aw man... thanks for your answers! now I have some hope again.
I will send them an email :) !

Is this a typical tailcap problem? I hope the tailcap is also the reason for the trouble with the regulation !? =/

Greetings, Metin

HEK_Hamburg

Newly Enlightened
YAY! :)

I tried the tailcap of my L1 on the A2. It works fine with that tailcap!
Thanx for your help guys!

I use the L1 only for my duty bag... so its not so important!

I feel much better now...

:edit:
This is scarry >=D ... The A2 tailcap works fine with my L1 too... seems like there is no more problem... :D

Metin

Last edited:

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
The reason is usually the three little springs can bend over time and not get in far enough to make correct contact with the end of the body. I had that problem and fixed by *VERY CAREFULLY* bending them out with a small screwdriver, VERY VERY SLOWLY.

Nick

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
270winchester said:
The reason is usually the three little springs can bend over time and not get in far enough to make correct contact with the end of the body. I had that problem and fixed by *VERY CAREFULLY* bending them out with a small screwdriver, VERY VERY SLOWLY.

Nick

On two of my A2's and on my L2 I have one of those little prongs just break off. I didn't notice it until it sounded/felt like there was sand or something in the threads. I removed the little piece of metal each time and they work fine.