Energizer 2in1 LED

x2x3x2

Banned
http://energizer.co.uk/en/flashlights/personal.html (bottom row, center)

jus got this torch, i think its a good dual mode light. the one i got was a bit different from the one on the website as it had a sticker stating something like "new gen led 2x brighter than previous nichia led". color temp compared to cmg ultra, i noticed the energizer to be on the warm side, kinda like sunlight. side by side the ultra looked extremely blue. has a focused lense, i notices that if ur in a room with a ceiling it produces better light when stood up on butt end rather than lantern mode.

anyone other users would like to share their comments? waiting for someone who has the equipment to do a proper runtime chart, i doubt the "50hr between battery change" ad is true...

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Depending on how hard the nichia is driven.... a 50 hr runtime is probably optimistic as decent alkaline AAs have about 2800mah capacity but AAAs have about 1/3 of that. If the nichia runs about 40-50ma on fresh batteries declining as the batteries deplete it could be possible to get perhaps 30 hours runtime.. unless the LED starts off driven at around 20-25 ma then perhaps you would see a portion of the runtime somewhat dim.
As for the *lantern* mode.... it is uses the tiny amount of sidespill coming off the side of LEDs as most LEDs tend to be the 30 degree or thereabouts in angle most light comes out the top hence your bouncing off the ceiling works better.

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I've seen this Energizer 2 in 1 at a couple local Target stores. Been tempted, but haven't bitten yet. I think they cost $12.99.

Geoff

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
They are cute looking but IMO a single led 4AAA lantern/light isn't that attractive to me at $12.00+, perhaps it wont be popular and I can get one on clearance for $3 someday.

x2x3x2

Banned
actually in the lantern mode, is doesnt jus rely on the side spill o fthe led bulb. when u pull down the reflector part to get lantern mode, theres actualy a spring loaded hatch type mechanism working that coveres the whole where the led was in normal mode, so the forward emiting light from the led bounces of this, what i think the reason for the low light level is that they used diffused white plastic instead of just a plain clear plastic cylnder...

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
x2x3x2...I picked one of these up from Target about a month and a half ago, and after quite a bit of use, I actually planned on posting about it tonight! I hafta say that I'm pleasently suprised by this little light. The spring-loaded cover that closes the hole in the "reflector" assembly when it's in lantern mode was a nice touch! It puts more light out to the side where it's supposed to be than the Brunton Slide Light I had some time back. As far as the "new" Nichia they used in it according to the package, it IS noticably brighter than the Brinkmann Rebel I have in a side-by-side test, both with fresh cells. Also, the 2in1's beam is noticably whiter than the Brinkmann's. While I do believe that the run-time stated on the package IS quite optimistic, I am still on the original AAA cells and haven't noticed any dimming to this point. The problem I had with the Brunton Slide Light was that in lantern mode, most of the light escaped through the hole in the reflector and very little light actually went out the side. Although the Energizer 2in1 won't light an entire room by any means, it WOULD make a nice little tent light, or table light. I'm pretty tickled with mine, and I DO think it's worth the $12.99 price tag! FYI...

PJD