The Fenix-Store        

Thread: Bug Out Gear 5w drop in?

Default Bug Out Gear 5w drop in?

Anyone have expierence with it? I just took mine out of the box and it seems to be great...Excellent throw...ect...One problem...It doesnt worth with the bezel all the way tightened down...

Any Ideas??

Ben

Default Re: Bug Out Gear 5w drop in?

Not to be a pooper but for what that cost you could've got the PentagonLight L2 3W - 65lumen output light.

I have no ideas as I haven't bought one yet (considering one for one of my 6P) please let us know if you resolve this though.

Thanks
    "Notorious collector of things that glow, shine, or blink"
    CPF # 9435

What light/body do you have it on?

- Chris

Don't you mean 3W drop in?

Flashaholic*

I had no idea the PentagonLight L2 3W was brighter. I got the bug out a few months ago. I used mines in a legend xl after grinding it out, then put it in a maxfire as it made a better look.

Funny that it is acting up. The collar is the ground the tip is +. I am guessing when you crank it down you do not make contact at either point. With my legend xl, I had to crank it to get the p61 lamp to work otherwise it wouldnt.

If you are referring to the 5 watt model you need to remove the module from the head, then use the 3w reflector to use it in a range of generic cr123 likes the 3 watt model fits.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Rommul
    Don't you mean 3W drop in?

there is a 5watt verion out with a specially made bezel.
    "a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen." -Warren vs District of Columbia, after three women were raped, beaten for 14 hours and police never came after numerous 911 calls were placed

If you read in here you will see several of us that have it and like it a lot:
    link ...

If you go to the Flashlightreviews.com site you will also see the 5W module evaluated - it got pretty good ratings.

I have also modified/bored out an L5 body and I am running an unprotected 18650 cell with my 5W module here:
    link ...

Hope this helps

Will
    Please no PM/Visitor Msg's. Email for questions/Paypal: wquiles [at] gmail {dot} com

I am running it on a standard 6p metal surefire body....

Quote Originally Posted by 270winchester
    there is a 5watt verion out with a specially made bezel.
    Nice.

Flashaholic*

Its great? I was given the impression it had a shorter run time, produced more heat and just a bit more flood. In other words the 3w was better as far as run time, throw vs spot and not having to worry about it melting a plastic flashlight.

Guess my 5 watt xpg gave me a bad first impression of the 5 watt led?

Update: By removing the plastic tip at the end of the bezel everything works perfectly...Maybe that is what I was supposed to do???

Glock...

If you are still having problems with it I would be happy to exchange it for another one. I've seen this happen on one other 5W drop in before and I have no idea why it occurs. You may want to try stretching out the spring a little...it may be compressing too much. Let me know if that solves it.

KDOG...Please stop hijacking our threads with negative comments. I don't object to someone having some constructive criticism, but every thread concerning our 5W drop-in you seem to have something negative to say. You don't even own one. I don't understand what your problem with us is, but IIRC you were the one that made the biggest noise when we decided not to go ahead with these units. Now that we have them all you do is bash on on this forum as well as others. I kindly ask you to let it go.

Sincerely,
    Flavio
    BugoutGearUSA.com